SGC @ Milan. The rematch

ManOfMillions

17 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Winner of the game goes to quarter finals to play either McNasty or Covington. Hopefully this game will not be effected in the magnitude the first game was by the officiating. 

Looking forward to another great game between the rival schools. 

if Milan plays next week like they did tonight, SGC will have no trouble with the Dawgs....Milan...8 fumbles...lost 3...lots of stupid penalties...2 personal fouls and an offensive face mask...all in the first half...every time Milan had a big play it resulted in either a fumble or a penalty...Milan won 20-7 in a game they should have won by 40...coach Teddy has alot of work to do this week... and admit it...the winner of this game will go to Covington...

Edited by cofo

Agreed on the lack of focus tonight. However, I have absolutely no doubt that the team we saw tonight will not be the team showing up against South Gibson.  In fact, I highly suspect the lack of focus tonight was because they were already looking toward the rematch with South Gibson. Our kids have been hungry to play them again since SGC fans started saying things like the above about the refs contributing so greatly to our regular season win.  (Personally, I hope they keep saying them bc it only fires our kids up to make a statement this time around rather than taking their foot off the gas the second half. ) I expect both teams will bring their A game. 

30 minutes ago, Milanfootballislife said:

Agreed on the lack of focus tonight. However, I have absolutely no doubt that the team we saw tonight will not be the team showing up against South Gibson.  In fact, I highly suspect the lack of focus tonight was because they were already looking toward the rematch with South Gibson. Our kids have been hungry to play them again since SGC fans started saying things like the above about the refs contributing so greatly to our regular season win.  (Personally, I hope they keep saying them bc it only fires our kids up to make a statement this time around rather than taking their foot off the gas the second half. ) I expect both teams will bring their A game. 

•  

If you can read, and comprehend I simply said that I did not want the game to be effected by the officials in the magnitude that it was in the first game...Both teams got some bad calls that really effected the outcome of the game...... 

I again say this is shaping up to be another classic game between the 2 rival schools. 

I hope you can get on board with that. Both schools benefit tremendously by this game. There will thousands of people at the game. 

Hope to see you at the game. Come up and say hi. 

GO HORNETS! 

Edited by ManOfMillions

8 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

If you can read, and comprehend I simply said that I did not want the game to be effected by the officials in the magnitude that it was in the first game...Both teams got some bad calls that really effected the outcome of the game...... 

I again say this is shaping up to be another classic game between the 2 rival schools. 

I hope you can get on board with that. Both schools benefit tremendously by this game. There will thousands of people at the game. 

Hope to see you at the game. Come up and say hi. 

GO HORNETS! 

Insulting my intellect huh? That’s how we are gonna roll? Alright.  lol 

Last week you revealed what you actually meant when making statements similar to the one above about the refs. So the cats already out of the bag.  I’m not really sure how your below statement  differs from saying the refs contributed greatly to our win.  

“In my opinion the officiating cost SG the game” - You 

But okay. Whatever you say.lol 

Goooooooo Daaaaawwwggggssss!!! 

Edited by Milanfootballislife

Game will be irrelevant other than local bragging rights, Covington will more than likely running clock either. SG had their chance catching Cov on an off/flat night earlier and they still got the victory. They will use that to their advantage in the next meeting and won't underestimate em. js . Covington wins by 20+ verse either

This will definitely be interesting. It sounds as if you two have a little extra animosity for each other. Tradition (Milan) vs the brash upstart (SGC). I won’t make a prediction here but will be interested in the outcome. Unlike another poster, I will make no prediction of how Covington might do vs the winner. I believe in the old adage - respect your opponent ( and give them no bulletin board material). Covington needs to concentrate on McNairy and see if we can advance to round 3.

• Upvote 1