Waverly and Riverside Round 3

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, DominateTheTrenches said:

Hard choice between going to this game, and Cornersville v Huntingdon.

I do think Waverly wins for the second time, but I don't think it will be as high scoring.

Waverly 28

Riverside 14

Huntingdon-Cornerville game should be a good one but I think the Mustangs win by atleast 14. UC and Peabody should be a good one also. A lot of good games Friday.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, Trollin said:

Waverly beat RS by 4 scores already this season. I know that doesn’t matter, but I honestly think Waverly has gotten better since then. The scores aren’t as impressive because we haven’t been running our explosive offense. We have been grinding the rock and eating the clock. Coach McConnell learned from past experiences that in order to beat some teams it takes grinding the rock, eating clock, and keeping the defense off the field. 

On the flip side of that, we still have our explosive pass offense that we haven’t had to use in a while. But it’s still there. 

It’s all about scheme and strategy. Waverly is well coached. Every team we have played this year has outsized us. Looking at opposing teams you would think they would beat the brakes off us every game. Just doesn’t happen.

General, you have a personal vendetta against Waverly for whatever reason. It’s all good, doesn’t matter. Your opinion hasn’t panned out for you yet. Might just should keep your nose in Forrest. 

Eh, I think there might be some correcting needed here. Huntingdon didn't out size you they out played you! Better team won in a shootout end of story. I'm pulling for ya Waverly but if you think going to the running game against RS is going to get it done your wrong. I agree you cant be one dimensional but ya dance with the girl ya came with! Much like Huntingdon your offense is built to score and score fast, not 3 yards and grunt in a cloud of dust. A smashmouth football game favors RS, the trenches are their playground.

Give em heck and we pulling for ya in Carroll County!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I just hope we come out and play like I know we can. Its going to be a great game Bigpun!

Thanks vandy. I hope it is a good game. Sorry I don't talk trash like the others do n make the thread a bit more interesting but Ik how good waverly is. In saying that though I think riverside will give the Tigers all they want Friday night. Time to lay it all on the line

1 hour ago, Bigpun54 said:

Thanks vandy. I hope it is a good game. Sorry I don't talk trash like the others do n make the thread a bit more interesting but Ik how good waverly is. In saying that though I think riverside will give the Tigers all they want Friday night. Time to lay it all on the line

I knew this was going to be a boring thread this week,  both schools have to much respect for each other to talk crap and make bold predictions. I myself am confident in our Tigers and believe they will pull out a win, but I'd be foolish to say oh yeah we got this, because you never know what's gone happen when to great teams come together and that's what we gone have Friday night. So I guess just the anticipation of a great game Friday is just gone have to get us through this week, no seventy something page long thread this week,  just some hard nosed football coming our way!;)

24 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

I knew this was going to be a boring thread this week,  both schools have to much respect for each other to talk crap and make bold predictions. I myself am confident in our Tigers and believe they will pull out a win, but I'd be foolish to say oh yeah we got this, because you never know what's gone happen when to great teams come together and that's what we gone have Friday night. So I guess just the anticipation of a great game Friday is just gone have to get us through this week, no seventy something page long thread this week,  just some hard nosed football coming our way!;)

Come on ya know you region 6 homers are just waiting till next week to unleash the Kracken !!!!! I mean yall have no chance at beating region 5.                                                                            Oh no ,wait, they are sittin at home,meant to ask Wavo fans ,how did you serve your swiss cheese D?

Melted on a sammich? Scrambled eggs with swiss? Just curious !!! 

• Upvote 3