Waverly and Riverside Round 3

vandyfan1

7 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I haven't see Riverside this year, but their shutout at LC is the surprise of the playoffs in my book. Wavelry's two wins aren't as impressive. Plus RS is the more physical team it seems. I'm going with them to win.  

Waverly will give Riverside more problems than LC did or that CA would have, just because of the passing game. The panthers are physical, but will have to account for the diversity of the Tiger attack, so maybe a step slower against the run. 45 for Waverly is awesome...everyone calls him "beast mode", but his patience and shiftiness (IMO) is what makes him special, and if Riverside isn't careful, he will hurt them just by getting first downs. Riverside's defense is better than CA's, and so is their offense...if Coach Frost does his homework well enough you just may be right about Riverside "surprising" everyone again. 

40 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I haven't see Riverside this year, but their shutout at LC is the surprise of the playoffs in my book. Wavelry's two wins aren't as impressive. Plus RS is the more physical team it seems. I'm going with them to win.  

Thought you said you haven't seen them this year, how do you know physicality? Our team has it when need be. Are you ever gonna pick Waverly?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I think Waverly is an underdog the rest of the way. Riverside, Peabody/UC, Watertown/Trousdale/Meigs. 

Don't take it personally. 

So Waverly is the under dog at home this week but we went on the road and played RS and was down 17 to 0 then went on to win 48 to 27. U never make any sense.  We know.u r a hater so jus keep hating

3 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I think Waverly is an underdog the rest of the way. Riverside, Peabody/UC, Watertown/Trousdale/Meigs. 

I don't see Waverly as the underdog. I see ways for Riverside to win, but they have to play lights out, and Frost has to out coach McConnell...it can be done.

3 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I can see where you come up with that General just like Watertown is the underdog against Trousdale this Friday. I hope we are the underdog and I hope the remaining teams takes us lightly!

But you are really going to do whatever you can to put Waverly down. I think you have become a Waverly troll. 

Edited by vandyfan1

well obviously Waverly is the higher seed. but Riverside is coming off the most impressive win of the playoffs and has beaten 2 better teams that Waverly has. They also have the confidence of knowing they more than held their own the first time. They also play a more physical style, according to your own R6 bretheren.  

Either way won't be a shock. Will waverly have a letdown after avenging last year's win.  whuch team is clicking more. 

one special question for R6 peeps- Waverly's #45 seems to be impossible for Forrest or CA to stop. He was plugging away for 5-7 yards every time. How did RS handle him