3rd Round: THE Rematch - AC vs Greeneville

TomJoad

On 11/15/2018 at 11:31 PM, MavDad67 said:

Golden Girls, it is very close to the school. Awesome country cooking! It will not disappoint

Didn't see this until it was too late, but if we're ever in the area again, we'll give it a try. We skipped Litton's and went to the Sunspot Cafe on Cumberland in Knoxvegas. The have a great salmon BLT. 

Random thoughts on tonight.....

* Final margin was pretty much what I thought it would be, although the game wasn't very competitive and we headed back to Kingsport when it was still a running clock. This game was basically over when Greeneville got the pick six in the 2nd quarter and the only question would be the final score.

* I was a little disappointed with the seating. We got there at 6:10 and there was none. They really need to figure out a way to add more, even if its just putting up some bleachers in the end zones for the bands.

*Whoever came up with that entrance for AC needs a pay raise. I've been to high school football games all across the Southeast, and that's hands down the best/most unique entrance I've ever seen. It's not every day you see a team run out of a modified yard barn to a nice fireworks display with a cow mooing over the speakers. I told my wife I hope there wasn't any hay in the barn with all those fireworks going off. I liked the cow mooing too. It's like the rooster at Williams-Brice stadium at South Carolina, but it was way cooler. They should do it more often. 

5 hours ago, MavDad67 said:

92Dragon,  you are just butthurt because you guys lost to us again this year and you have a classless coach who cheers and get excited when a kid in the other team gets hurt.

Oak Ridge beats us every year and I don't hate them. I actually cheered for OR tonight. I hate AC bc you guys are classless. Run your mouth constantly. So put that in your pipe and smoke it big boy.

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Hard nose in a forgone contest is sometimes perceived dirty

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Hard nose in a forgone contest is sometimes perceived dirty

I have to disagree. In my opinion you can’t wait till you are down 4 scores to decide you want to play hard. The 2 personal foul plays were called cause they were late. There is intent there. Coming from an offensive line background anyway 

14 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well that certainly trumps little ole tucker stadium where the G-men have had a scrimmage or two...what a kick grass experience that must have been. Im genuinely happy for those kids. Most kids are done after HS and would otherwise never have an opp.  to experience this...good on you Gillum for providing this experience to your kids

Well my thoughts on the game. First off I liked the pre game entrance for AC it was pretty cool. Wish they had more seating got there at 6:15 and had to stand along the fence. Tuff way to go out for the AC senior's but they should hold their head's high. They had a very good team. I think AC has some player's that are good enough to compete with the Devil's . But just not enough of them. Just too many weapon's for GHS. I really thought that the Devil's would need to come out tonight with some new rinkles to help them get past AC turns out they didn't . They pretty much did the same stuff they did all year. But hey I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. Looked like AC really was keying on Goddard tonight. Which left the door open for Hite to really hurt them . Greeneville just has so many different weapon's and so much depth. It really makes it hard to Game plan for them. I thought that shuffler had one of his best game's as a devil tonight. And McClain played really well also. At the end of the day. AC had nothing to be ashamed of they had a great season and left all on the field. That's all any of us can ask from these young men. They have my Respect. Now for the Devil's that danged old long ride to Maplewood again. From their score tonight I guess they must be playing pretty good Defense. But I feel like I'm not going to far out on a limb when I say. It will takeore than 6 points to beat the Devil's. Proud of how the Devil's came to play tonight. Now back to work for next week. Still need to cut down on penalties 115 yards tonight I believe. But no turnovers so that was good. GO BIG GREENE

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OUTSTANDING fireworks display and i even must commend your announcer...very classy at the end of the game wishing the devils luck moving fwd and even said to " bring the gold ball back to east tn"....now to the game.....actually, nevermind, nothing i can say about this game can describe just how badly AC was beaten tonight in every single aspect of the game. Both teams have had this game in their crosshairs since the season started, the difference being AC made this game the epicenter of thier existence and let everyone, including Greeneville know it, where as Greeneville has just been business like all year long. The better team showed why they are the better team tonight. I actually feel sorry for most of the AC kids. Marquise Gallager is a class act and i am happy i was able to find him after the game and tell him so.

• Upvote 2