3rd Round: THE Rematch - AC vs Greeneville

TomJoad

On 11/16/2018 at 8:42 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah I am trying to figure out the best and less painful way to do it.....HogHead! ;)

watch the first quarter of last years game, then stick  a knife in  your chest because since AC got off to that bogus misleading 21-0 lead last year, GreenEVILLe has outscored AC 70-17 up till hallftime of this game....#notondevilslevel

On 11/16/2018 at 9:52 PM, DevilMan03 said:

Talking about the late hit on Goddard out of bounds 

that hit happened litterally right in front of me...im not gona say it was dirty, cause i just cant call any high school kid dirty ( well, maybe one, but noe one wants to hear that) , but it was definately late, which happens all the time....cade said on the morning after show that the  hit on him where all the devils fans got upset wasnt dirty. just sayin

1 minute ago, BVDevil said:

do me a favor devilman, post the picture of the shirt i hade made last week please...now that the "hay is in the barn" and the game is over, it should be safe to post now

I will when I get back home. Haven’t figured out how to post from phone lol

and btw Anderson County is 24-Greeneville over the last two years lol

Ok, sorry for all the back to back to back posts, but i havent had a chance until now to sit down and read all the stuff on here from page 34 or so til here. Looking back on the game,. a few observations from my eyes. The stands at AC are plenty big enough.....for any game not played vs greeneville in the third round. Lets face it, how many people from union county, or  hixson, or east  hamilton and so on, are gona show up for a game there? That said, i do think they need a set on the visitors side just to keep the fans separtated. For the game. Much like coach ballard ( and devilman, if we're all being honest here) I dont think anyone saw that first half coming. It sure was fun to watch and now that ive had a chance to see AC actually play this y year, im not so surprised now because they just dont have enough good players all over the field on both sides, to play with a team like Greeneville. That's not arrogance, that's FACT and i beleive coach Gillum would agree. Regardless of smack talk and such, you got to admit the intro for AC is pretty bad #### for a  HS game with a bunch of 14-18 year olds playing and after all, that's what all this stuff is for and about anyway, is for those kids. The people calling stanton martin average are crazy. At the  high school leve, there are few kids in this state that can compare to what he's done. part of that maybe be due to competiton sure, but look at what he WAS able to do last year against greeneville on a busted leg. Alot of greeneville fans have downplayed that and alot of AC fans have OVERPLAYED it but the fact of the matter is , minus 4 seth crawford picks, he had an amazing game, h is defense just wasnt able to hold up their e nd. This year, in this game, our defense had a game plan in place for  him and it was executed well. And alot of people, myself included thought we might have a "weak spot" in our secondary that might get exploited friday night. DIDNT HAPPEN...in fact, he made the play of the game IMO. At the risk of sounding arrogant here, I have to say that Greeneville is simply on  a much different level  than 99 percent of all other teams in this state. That will change rather dramatically next season, so most Greeneville fans are taking advantage of it right now because most all of us are aware that things wont be like this season again here for a while, if ever. Thats not at all to minimize what we have coming back next year, because i still think next years team will be great and will win our region again and will have a really good chance to go to cookeville again. I just dont think it will be as dominant week in and week out. ALLLLLLLLL that said, I'll finish by saying congrats to AC on back to back 12-1 seasons and if not for the bullies to the east of you, you guys may very well be where the devils are now.....looking to repeat. I wish great success to all the maverick seniors that will continue their football and education careers  next year at the next level and to all the ones that wont have a football or education career next year. May life bring you ALL great success and happiness. as for my Devils.......you still have a game to win next friday in what will most likely be played in a mud hole, against a team with a great defense and a mr. football finalist on offense...so no "BO BOing " around this week. hit the practice field with the same intensity you did last week and all year long......GO DEVILS and mavsinflight....man....sucks to be a mav fan right about now, but you've owned everything you've said, so good on you bud.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Dang near impossible to watch a football game and film it as well unless your set up with a pod and never move.You do a better job with the camera and trying to watch the game then I could.I couldn't even work the down marker while watching a football game when my kids were smaller and playing.The ref would have to bring me back to where I was supposed to be,after I was way down the field watching the play.

Edited by BatmanDevil

5 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Dang near impossible to watch a football game and film it as well unless your set up with a pod and never move.You do a better job with the camera and trying to watch the game then I could.I couldn't even work the down marker while watching a football game when my kids were smaller and playing.The ref would have to bring me back to where I was supposed to be,after I was way down the field watching the play.

this one was especially tough cause the cows in charge told me i had to stay within the same boundaries as the players and coaches so i was standing on one of the benches for almost all of the first half, using a monopod (stick with a camera on top) to try to film. My balance has become quite precarious at best since i topped 50 with my diabetes. This may be my last year doing this from the field.