CROCKETT @ KNOX CENTRAL QUARTER FINALS

jeffery6

5 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

It’s ok we beat Tennessee High twice. You guys going to get stomped next week. That should’ve been off sitting penalty against 59 and you guys

hey man you can hang your hat on beating Tennessee high twice and us losing to them week 1, whatever makes you fell better! i saw the scoreboard light up as 23-12 with us winning and thats what matters. you gonna be okay buddy?

34 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

All the teams in the Tri-cities just don't get it.  They go undefeated and think they're invincible, not realizing their just the biggest fish in a small pond.

The coaching in the Tri-Cities area is subpar for the most part.  It's a lot of good ol' boys hiring other good ol' boys to be coach based on who their relatives are or what they did as high school players 20 or 30 years ago.

They're still at least 10 years behind the rest of the state in terms of throwing the football and probably 20 in terms of defending the pass.  They just try to run over each other with big linemen.

Because of that, all one of them has to do is come out and sling it around a bunch while stopping the run and they're going to look like world beaters... but when they hit a Knoxville team that knows what they're doing, they get stomped.  It happens like clockwork every year in the first 2 rounds.  Then they blame it on "talent" (aka "lack of fast black players").  That doesn't help, but that's just their excuse.  It's not held back Maryville...

Crockett was easily the best team from that area besides Greeneville, though.  I give them credit for that.  23-12 wasn't a blowout like a lot of people predicted.  Chandley really is a great coach and should probably be named Coach of the Year for what he did in putting out that dumpster fire and getting that once-pitiful team this far.

19 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

Like I said next week you will be going down bad

Stockton, just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talking.

Stop embarrassing yourself.  It's over.  Your team got exposed for what they were all along.

Go eat a big ole helping of crow.  I hear it'll help cleanse the pallet before Thanksgiving dinner.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Called it again.  I said the Crockett defense would be solid and keep it from getting out of hand, but that DC had no chance in this one.  I've also pointed out all along how overrated their offense and passing attack was and pointed out that they didn't stand a chance against a decent Knoxville-area team.

Never doubt me!  :D

We had a chance if it wasn’t for that bone headed guy that threw his helmet should’ve been 20-12 still and had more time left on clock congratulations on the win

1 hour ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Stockton, just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talking.

Stop embarrassing yourself.  It's over.  Your team got exposed for what they were all along.

Go eat a big ole helping of crow.  I hear it'll help cleanse the pallet before Thanksgiving dinner.

Again congrats good luck next week I will take it like a man we lost but you guys had to fight every second of the game for it will be pulling for you guys 

1 hour ago, madhatter2269 said:

hey man you can hang your hat on beating Tennessee high twice and us losing to them week 1, whatever makes you fell better! i saw the scoreboard light up as 23-12 with us winning and thats what matters. you gonna be okay buddy?

Yea I’m ok now you know you are mad at the world when you go 12-0 and lose. Congrats on the win and good luck next week against Catholic. I blew out a lot of stream coming up 40 and 81 lol. At least it was a great game instead of a blowout like some on here predicted. And no I didn’t get a chance to stop by that place to eat lol

I’ll say this and hopefully end all this smack talking nonsense. As I figured they would, Crockett came to play. They had a good gameplan and their Defense actually impressed me more than their offense. Don’t get me wrong, the QB had a cannon and the WRs were as good as advertised. What killed Crockett in this game was we shut down their running game and caused turnovers. I stood over there the whole time and until the clock was at about a minute left in the game, I wasn’t sure we had it won. My hats off to Crockett, and fans yes the refereeing wasnt the best, but by far not worst I’ve seen this season. We were fortunate enough to win, now we must continue to prepare for the next challenge, ahh our old foe The ☘️ 

• Like 1