Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

Just now, Trollin said:

Of course. Waverly has to play their A game to win. Lots of people “who don’t have a lot of knowledge of this match up” are overwhelmingly supporting Peabody. They will  be surprised by Waverly. Bottom line is it’s gonna be a ball game. 

And I am not one of those guys.  Most people see records, but throw that out the window in this game.  Our playoff wins have all been lopsided but TCA gave us a scare.  That is just what we needed in these playoffs.  I can will say this, our kids know this will be a battle

6 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

That game plan worked with one team. GC. Since then we have adjusted very well.  Peabody can spread it around too.  So if they load up the box, beware.  Our game plan for UC was very good and I think its trending upward.

I hope y’all spread it out like you did against UC. I think y’all might start the game that way but will probably tighten it back up quickly.

1 minute ago, Trollin said:

I hope y’all spread it out like you did against UC. I think y’all might start the game that way but will probably tighten it back up quickly.

I think they will spread it out and try to run to the outside. They are really fast. Thats the only thing that worries me. I dont see them running up the middle on us.

1 minute ago, Trollin said:

Vandy what do you see is Peabody’s weakness, if any? Can you compare the 2 teams? Break it down for us

On offense they have great speed and they like to run to the out side. They also like to run a QB draw. They also like to throw little slant passes. They are big and fast. Nothing we havent seen.  Defense they have great LB. I think Waverly will be able to throw the ball very well against them which will open up our running game. They have great special teams also. They are really good. We are very good also. Its going to be loud in Trenton tomorrow they have very loud fans. I think we win by two TDs. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think they will spread it out and try to run to the outside. They are really fast. Thats the only thing that worries me. I dont see them running up the middle on us.

The middle is our strength.  The outside is our cream.  The pass will surprise you.  We will see Wavo's best and u will see our best

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

On offense they have great speed and they like to run to the out side. They also like to run a QB draw. They also like to throw little slant passes. They are big and fast. Nothing we havent seen.  Defense they have great LB. I think Waverly will be able to throw the ball very well against them which will open up our running game. They have great special teams also. They are really good. We are very good also. Its going to be loud in Trenton tomorrow they have very loud fans. I think we win by two TDs. 

Kind of what I expected. I think we cover the run to the outside well. Our defense will set an edge. Up to our guys to fill and tackle. We’re use to the QB read/QB power. Our backside LB and line will have to squeeze and our DBs will have to fill. Like you said. Nothing we haven’t seen. Defensively we just have to be disciplined and make our reads on our keys. DBs have to play big. Same thing, read their keys and communicate. DL has to stay in their lanes, fill their gaps, and when the pass rush is on get pressure on the QB. 

Offensively I think we have to create explosive plays, be able to run the football and not turn the football over. I don’t think the rain will hurt us offensively. 

4 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Kind of what I expected. I think we cover the run to the outside well. Our defense will set an edge. Up to our guys to fill and tackle. We’re use to the QB read/QB power. Our backside LB and line will have to squeeze and our DBs will have to fill. Like you said. Nothing we haven’t seen. Defensively we just have to be disciplined and make our reads on our keys. DBs have to play big. Same thing, read their keys and communicate. DL has to stay in their lanes, fill their gaps, and when the pass rush is on get pressure on the QB. 

Offensively I think we have to create explosive plays, be able to run the football and not turn the football over. I don’t think the rain will hurt us offensively. 

I dont think the rain will hurt us either. I think it will hurt Peabody if we can force them to pass.