Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

6 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Kind of what I expected. I think we cover the run to the outside well. Our defense will set an edge. Up to our guys to fill and tackle. We’re use to the QB read/QB power. Our backside LB and line will have to squeeze and our DBs will have to fill. Like you said. Nothing we haven’t seen. Defensively we just have to be disciplined and make our reads on our keys. DBs have to play big. Same thing, read their keys and communicate. DL has to stay in their lanes, fill their gaps, and when the pass rush is on get pressure on the QB. 

Offensively I think we have to create explosive plays, be able to run the football and not turn the football over. I don’t think the rain will hurt us offensively. 

I hope they get the ball first also.

2 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Be careful what you wish for the last down pour Peabody played in we were up 50 at half. I’m thinking some guys from Waverly will be surprised at what the tide will expose tomorrow. 

Won’t happen. Y’all arent Alabama. I think more so Peabody Nation will be surprised with Waverly. 

Peabody will bounce the run to the outside if they have to, but Dickson is a between the tackles RB. Peabody may hit you with a jet sweep or a QB keep to the outside, which is something they do occasionally, but they don't rely only on getting to the outside to score TD's.

Peabody's spread offense is designed to handle long established drives with a balanced attack, but capable of busting the big play at any time. Fortunately, when Gibson played them, we limited the big play with the exception of 1 or 2 plays that were brought back on penalties. If Waverly is going to beat Peabody, their DLine is going to have to live in their backfield to keep them from establishing and getting comfortable in their offense which is what Gibson did when we beat them.... not sure that will happen tomorrow night.

Edited by GCPioneer