Meigs County @ Trousdale County - Semifinals

MarsBlackmon

8 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

its been a bit. He dressed last week for last home game but they didnt play him. It was the Oneida game. He has missed last four or five games.

If he is full speed then watch out. That is a big if however.

a big if.

also a big stage to step back onto after an injury. if I were a meigs fan, I am not, I would have felt a lot better to see him stretch his a legs a lil last week. rather than just the dress fitting.

what was the official injury? if I might ask.

31 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

a big if.

also a big stage to step back onto after an injury. if I were a meigs fan, I am not, I would have felt a lot better to see him stretch his a legs a lil last week. rather than just the dress fitting.

what was the official injury? if I might ask.

ankle injury, don't know all the details. Crutches for a week or two then a boot for about two more but he looked good last week.It would have been nice to see hime get a couple of carries last week. He looked good warming up and running drills however pre-game last week

He is a senior and no doubt will give it all he has but it is a big if.

If he is not full speed then I give TC the edge but Meigs has some other quality backs and receivers to help Swafford out and that defense is still really strong.

I hope he comes back strong so you all get a chance to see how special he is.

13 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

ankle injury, don't know all the details. Crutches for a week or two then a boot for about two more but he looked good last week.It would have been nice to see hime get a couple of carries last week. He looked good warming up and running drills however pre-game last week

If he is not full speed then I give TC the edge but Meigs has some other quality backs and receivers to help Swafford out and that defense is still really strong.

how’s the offensive and defensive lines? how many of those boys play iron man football?

18 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

how’s the offensive and defensive lines? how many of those boys play iron man football?

Pretty solid. Decent size and strength. Just good fundamentals and play well together. Good at getting taking aways on defense. The O-line has done a good job of giving swafford enough time to go through all his options. None of the line play both ways.

6 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Pretty solid. Decent size and strength. Just good fundamentals and play well together. Good at getting taking aways on defense. The O-line has done a good job of giving swafford enough time to go through all his options. None of the line play both ways.

good fundamentals can help decent size. great technique can make size almost irrelevant.

none, you say. how luxurious.

3 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

i’ll bet you a nickel we have several that don’t come off the field all night. 

savages.

It use to be that way for us for years and years. We got a new coach a several of years back and its changed. Back in my day every one played both ways but we only had about 20 on the team.

He has got a lot more kids to come out for football over the last several years. It seems like now every boy in the school is on the team. We got more players on the team than I can ever remember.

We only got one kid who plays both ways and a few who rotate in on certain packages

4 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Meigs has pretty much scored at will against everyone they have played the last couple of years. We will just have to wait and see if the mighty TC can do something no one else has been able to do.

they will be able to, TC ain’t these nobody’s from east tennessee that y’all have been playing

3 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Best running back in 2A didnt play that game and could have easily scored a couple more. That was one of the last games of the year and it was a non region game. Meigs already had region locked up and was playing players out of position and had some turnovers. Freshman QB came in for a couple snaps early and threw an interception.

TC is going to have to play a special game to stop number 6. He is very talented. I have not seen anyone in the last two years shut him down. He is quick, strong, and runs with heart. If he happens to get brought down it is usually by a group of defenders.

best running back in 2A is a BOLD statement hoss 

31 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

best running back in 2A is a BOLD statement hoss 

TC, TC, the mighty TC.

They are ranked number one for a reason. Their offense is top notch. Imagine the numbers Meigs would have put up if their running back would not have missed 75 percent of the season. Meigs was hanging 40 on teams by half time. MC defense is just as stout allowing only 6 points a game on average and that  6.1average is because most of the scores from the other teams come in the fourth quarter against their third team while most ot those teams were still  playing thier starters. I dont think MC starters have given up maybe only one or two legit scores all year and that was helped out by a combination of bad calls, injuries, and some spectacular or rather miraculous plays by the other team.

I dont want to hear that East TN talk. These MC boys are not scared of TC or their tradition. They dont care about strength of schedule or The CreekBank or any of this other talk. They are on a mission to bring home Meigs County's first title.

All I can say is you all better hope Meigs running back is not ready to go because if he is I am telling you he is going to run over and away from TC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

He for me is our secret weapon so to speak. I didnt want to talk much about him in case he didn't get to play or just to maybe even throw a wrench in your alls game plan. If he is healthy and gets to play I could imagine he will be the best back you've all seen this year. A big statement I know but I've seen him play and know the impact he has when he's on the field. If you thought Marion's Jaycob Saylors was a legitimate threat last year ( He obviously was, he helped end your season ) then I assure you Martin is the same caliber of player this year if not better in all honesty. If he's at full health and I'm not certain that he is or will even get to play, But our qb is definitely not the only threat we have. Especially when their both on the field. That being said, I hope you all have had a good Turkey day and look forward to serving the lot of you that hasnt given us much of a chance hopefully some well deserved crow. 

Edited by Imthayeti