Meigs County @ Trousdale County - Semifinals

MarsBlackmon

1 minute ago, oldfootballplayer said:

I think there are a lot more people on here who are very familiar with TC and its history and are fans of teams who have played TC in the past. Sounds like you don't have enough Meigs fans on here to support your case. 

Probably right,  may as well check back Friday. Have a good Turkey day gentleman.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Dont have to be cordial with dialect telling why my lineman can outpush your lineman. Or why my rb can outrun your LB. Just boring for folks to say yeah my team ran an extra lap this summer. So we probably got you by 2 tds and 3 if its dry. That's what I mean that's snooze material.

We just like to remind people of our gridiron prowess. And conditioning is something we take pride in here. You have to take it to a different level when 90% of your kids play all 3 phases of the game. 

32 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Dont have to be cordial with dialect telling why my lineman can outpush your lineman. Or why my rb can outrun your LB. Just boring for folks to say yeah my team ran an extra lap this summer. So we probably got you by 2 tds and 3 if its dry. That's what I mean that's snooze material.

buckets, they ran extra buckets. and probably gassers too.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Glad its clarified brother but it's all good either way. Gonna support my boy, his team, coaches and the school. I can promise you win or lose I've had a great time watching them. And I do think we can compete with you all on all sides of the ball so the smack goes in one ear and out the other. I just wish the smack talking folks would work on crow gag reflex have it in good shape in case we pull out a W. I've enjoyed your post TCradio. You seem like a class act.

How good is Meigs kicking game

28 minutes ago, RTD said:

How good is Meigs kicking game

Looks to be average, kickoffs have been around the 15-10 most of what I have seen with some sky kicks, Extra points look to be a gimme, not sure what kind of range he has but judging by the XP, probably 35-40 yard range, which again I may be way off, they haven’t had to kick many FG this year 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So i have done some more research on ye ole Jackets history. Dating back to when the playoff system started (1969), there have been 49 seasons (not counting the 2018 season). In that time frame, Trousdale County missed the playoffs 12 times ('69-'71 & '79-'87). 76% of the time they make the playoffs. 63% of the time they advanced past the 1st round (6 1st rd exits), 51% to the Quarterfinals (6 2nd rd exits), 33% to the Semi's (9 quarterfinal exits), 24% of the time they have advanced to the Finals (4 semi exits) and 18% of the time TC has won the Title (9 Wins, 3 Runner-ups). I found this interesting and know that the TC program is in an elite group of schools that have these types of numbers. We will see in the next 8 days where the 2018 Team fits within this landscape. 

Friday Night is going to be a great night for some high school football. I would almost bet the atmosphere on the Creekbank will far surpass what the ones in the 'boro will be able to present. Nothing like small town football!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

So i have done some more research on ye ole Jackets history. Dating back to when the playoff system started (1969), there have been 49 seasons (not counting the 2018 season). In that time frame, Trousdale County missed the playoffs 12 times ('69-'71 & '79-'87). 76% of the time they make the playoffs. 63% of the time they advanced past the 1st round (6 1st rd exits), 51% to the Quarterfinals (6 2nd rd exits), 33% to the Semi's (9 quarterfinal exits), 24% of the time they have advanced to the Finals (4 semi exits) and 18% of the time TC has won the Title (9 Wins, 3 Runner-ups). I found this interesting and know that the TC program is in an elite group of schools that have these types of numbers. We will see in the next 8 days where the 2018 Team fits within this landscape. 

Friday Night is going to be a great night for some high school football. I would almost bet the atmosphere on the Creekbank will far surpass what the ones in the 'boro will be able to present. Nothing like small town football!

If it were anyone else, I'd agree... but Maryville travels. There will be a few more at Ray Hughes than the Creekbank... but depending on Meigs... I'd say we will have similar crowds. 

4 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

Pretty impressive too that we have a 75% success rate when making it to the ship! Not bad