Meigs County @ Trousdale County - Semifinals

MarsBlackmon

41 minutes ago, RTD said:

Should be around 41 lost one kid to private school and another left the team earlier in the season

I think we dress 60+ and if I'm not mistaken maybe 70. We have a large team and luckily dont have to play both sides in most instances. May be a factor late in the game at least i hope. I'll take what I can get this far into the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I think we dress 60+ and if I'm not mistaken maybe 70. We have a large team and luckily dont have to play both sides in most instances. May be a factor late in the game at least i hope. I'll take what I can get this far into the playoffs.

It won’t be a factor...

We’ve heard this same song before... a few times from up that way. 

#gca

Out of respect for the others... I’ll leave them nameless. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

TC always play both ways they condition lot and summer and still conditioning now. There is a reason TC holds up the 4 fingers at the start of 4th quarter. TC is like Kevin Gates TC doesn't get tired. I'm sorry but if you hoping TC likes to take teams into deep water. You should hope that your team is ok with getting hit in the mouth for 4 quarters. TC is a 1A school playing in 2A have no choice but to play both ways.

• Upvote 1

You'll are the favorite TC is just a small school that hasn't been ranked for most of the year and have been disrespected all season. TC even beat a team by 40 points and that team stayed ranked the next week and TC was not ranked. The pressure is all on Meigs the bigger school been ranked at #1 or 2 all season. TC should be happy just to still be playing according to most people and experts, . 

32 minutes ago, RTD said:

You'll are the favorite TC is just a small school that hasn't been ranked for most of the year and have been disrespected all season. TC even beat a team by 40 points and that team stayed ranked the next week and TC was not ranked. The pressure is all on Meigs the bigger school been ranked at #1 or 2 all season. TC should be happy just to still be playing according to most people and experts, . 

I'm not one of the folks who said whatever about Trousdale. I came to watch you all play thinking it would work out exactly like it did. And we would be playing each other just like we are about to. And I'm hoping for an injury free game. I dont feel like you will out athlete us. I feel like whichever coach comes up with the best gameplan between the two teams wins. That is all.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I'm not one of the folks who said whatever about Trousdale. I came to watch you all play thinking it would work out exactly like it did. And we would be playing each other just like we are about to. And I'm hoping for an injury free game. I dont feel like you will out athlete us. I feel like whichever coach comes up with the best gameplan between the two teams wins. That is all.

Nice post. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think they will try to out-athlete Meigs but we will have the best athlete on TC sideline but #8 is just a very good all-state QB that runs with speed and has power. I hope this is the first of two games between Meigs vs TC in the future. At the end of the day both teams have had a great season and yes hopefully both teams leave this game with no injuries 

• Like 1

I recall you coming down for that Whitwell game...just shows the love and passion for the game you and your boy(s?) have and I love it. The team you guys are about to line up against isn't the same beast you saw then. These boys are nasty and have gotten a taste of championship caliber play since then, and is imo 14-21 points better than that point in time. I'm very interested to see how Meigs matches up, and think it'll be a good game. Much respect from The Creekbank! Have a blessed Thanksgiving and safe journeys to everyone making the trip. Hope you enjoy our venue(again) lol!

• Upvote 1

meigs #’s gives them the clear advantage.

a close game going into the 4th will be a 50/50 toss up.

if either team gets up by 14 before the half that could be all she wrote.i say that because i think both defense’s are more than capable of holding a 14 pt through the last 2 qtrs.

if meigs wins it will be because they platoon us to death. 

if/when trousdale wins it will be because of tradition/grit/tenacity/great execution/heart of a champion 

that being said, 

i think it goes 1 of 2 ways

the hard way: tc-21/meigs-13 in a slug fest

or the even harder way: tc-28/meigs-6, with meigs scoring in the 4th.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1