1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

3 minutes ago, calicojack said:

If you come out and hit ww in the mouth they will get rattled. I saw it last night. They didn't know what to do. The coach got rattled and made some rookie calls. Going for it on 4th down on your own 35? No way a veteran coach would haveade that call. On the last desperation drive ww had to make 2 4th conversationa to tie up the game with the last seconds. Greenback has some good sized boys and will be able to fill the gaps but watch the outside edges. Ww qb is the best player on the team from.what I saw the 2 times I watched this year.  If gb can keep pounding that ball and has some good dB play in the backfield the game will be over. If sp has some decent dbs that knew how to cover and how to jump in front of the receiver and not behind him it would be gb vs sp. But hey thats part of it.  Gb has a veteran team but so does ww. Gb team has been in this situation and ww hasn't. Still gonna say gb by 20+. Reguardless of the turnout of the game the gold ball will come back to the east again.

One player from whitwell got rattled and it was the center, he checked his self out of the game. Warner is a great player but like someone said before the 4 headed monster (Petty,Wingo, Warner,Stewart) it’s hard to focus on one player, and plus it’s not like we wasn’t moving the ball when we would do what we always do. Just dumb flags was being thrown (both ways)

20 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

And also considering that was the worst half of football they have played all year had something to do with it 

No disrespect but I’d say SP had a little to do with the worst first half they’ve played this year! I think SP coming out and playing smash mouth football caught Whitwell a little off guard! I don’t think anyone from Whitwell can say they weren’t a little nervous going into halftime! Heck, I was still on edge myself and SP had the lead! 

Enough about that game! It’s done and over and everything that can said has been. Good luck to your brother and his teammates against Greenback! 

4 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

No disrespect but I’d say SP had a little to do with the worst first half they’ve played this year! I think SP coming out and playing smash mouth football caught Whitwell a little off guard! I don’t think anyone from Whitwell can say they weren’t a little nervous going into halftime! Heck, I was still on edge myself and SP had the lead! 

Enough about that game! It’s done and over and everything that can said has been. Good luck to your brother and his teammates against Greenback! 

The only thing that was more physical towards us was 9 and that’s because he was actually getting the ball, Trousdale imo was the more physical team all around. You’re right thanks hope to see some of you guys out 

47 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

I honestly think it will be evenly matched and will just come down to who wants it more. Both teams have great Players it’s just who is going to execute 

Whichever team can execute and have minimal mistakes will win this game! I guess that’s like saying whoever scores more will win! 

Whitwells QB is a duel threat and goes along well with their running game but he will definitely hurt you through the air if given the chance! Greenback better have a good secondary that can cover and someone better be spying whoever comes out of the backfield and not let him get 20 yards downfield wide open! 

1 minute ago, WingoVFL said:

The only thing that was more physical towards us was 9 and that’s because he was actually getting the ball, Trousdale imo was the more physical team all around. You’re right thanks hope to see some of you guys out 

He was definitely physical! I think he had some pent up frustration from the first matchup! Regardless, Whitwell got the W! 

3 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Whichever team can execute and have minimal mistakes will win this game! I guess that’s like saying whoever scores more will win! 

Whitwells QB is a duel threat and goes along well with their running game but he will definitely hurt you through the air if given the chance! Greenback better have a good secondary that can cover and someone better be spying whoever comes out of the backfield and not let him get 20 yards downfield wide open! 

That play was designed literally cause we ran a PA rollout to one side and seen 9 didn’t cover 3 on the back side so we ran it again just designed it to go to 3 

4 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

I still can’t believe of how good of a game that was lol definitely a war 

It will definitely be talked about for a long time! That’s what we expected out of two valley teams fighting to stay alive! My voice still hasn’t come back and having a 3 yr old that you can’t say stop or no to isn’t fun! 

With that being said, you can see I’ll be around for quite some time for SP football! I have a linebacker or defensive end in the making!

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

It will definitely be talked about for a long time! That’s what we expected out of two valley teams fighting to stay alive! My voice still hasn’t come back and having a 3 yr old that you can’t say stop or no to isn’t fun! 

With that being said, you can see I’ll be around for quite some time for SP football! I have a linebacker or defensive end in the making!

I’ll be over that way next year to support Brayden 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

That play was designed literally cause we ran a PA rollout to one side and seen 9 didn’t cover 3 on the back side so we ran it again just designed it to go to 3 

Saw this play on film. Knew the flair out of the backfield was coming. Surprised SP didn’t see that Wingo was wide open the play before. That’s the thing that worries me with GB is the small details. Knowing who you got, who to read, and just going and getting the job done. Believe Whitwell will try impose their will in the run game but I’ll be surprised if they don’t find some success on the edge. Open field tackling, gotta have it.

15 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Saw this play on film. Knew the flair out of the backfield was coming. Surprised SP didn’t see that Wingo was wide open the play before. That’s the thing that worries me with GB is the small details. Knowing who you got, who to read, and just going and getting the job done. Believe Whitwell will try impose their will in the run game but I’ll be surprised if they don’t find some success on the edge. Open field tackling, gotta have it.

If they get to the edge you better hope someone can make a good open field tackle! Not just hit but hit and wrap up!