Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

2 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

This is a true story..Like I said before we all know why Rankin left Riverdale.  Why do you think he went to Alcoa..lol....One question...was he this successful  in Smith county with home grown players?

I think he had one semi finals appearance and no state titles.  Much harder to get a championship above 1/2A in rural areas. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

32 minutes ago, Hardworkandthetruth said:

You just made Indian's point. If Alcoa is not only competing with 6A schools, but beating them, they definitely should not be in 3A. 

They are a 3A school by TSSAA enrollment numbers.  They have 650 students and 84 football players, you mr. the worlds not fair thinks it's NOT fair because they win? I guess you don't really believe in "Hardworkandthetruth"  Part of Alcoa's success is Hardwork and playing the best teams possible. 

Then, when you do play in region ,you have played at a higher level, faster level. That's the hard work Alcoa's Players put in.  There are teams in all classifications, and levels that work hard to be the best and win.  But, you think they should be penalized for their success.? It is no different than Alabama in College. Should they have to play in the NFL?

I guess you believe all team needs a trophy?  My point to Indian is quite whining and start playing harder teams. You only get as good as your competition. A point you clearly missed. 

3 hours ago, repoman said:

When Rankin was at Riverdale he recruited all of Murfreesboro open zone ,then when all the other schools came, the city strict zoned it so the program started slipping.  He left for Alcoa which in 80's 90's was legit kids from that zone .  Then when Rankin arrives he builds on the same model as Old Riverdale and players come from surrounding areas of a much bigger demographic area than Putnam County.  Now to be equal ,Upperman would have to get bout 5 from Cookeville, 2 /3 from Monterey then  Upperman still would not have the same depth, Upperman would have to recruit the entire Upper Cumberland to compete,  People  just don't understand the depth of the Alcoa football program. Truely David vs Goliath. Go Bees!

Ha. Wrong. Alcoa won state championships in the 70' 80's & 90"s AND, Two straight championships in 2004, 2005 before Coach Rankin got there in 2006. If Alcoa gets all the best players in the area, how does Maryville 5 minutes away get players to be about to compete as the highest level in TN  football? 

3 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Ha. Wrong. Alcoa won state championships in the 70' 80's & 90"s AND, Two straight championships in 2004, 2005 before Coach Rankin got there in 2006. If Alcoa gets all the best players in the area, how does Maryville 5 minutes away get players to be about to compete as the highest level in TN  football? 

THIS :thumb:

1 minute ago, BCsportsfan said:

They are a 3A school by TSSAA enrollment numbers.  They have 650 students and 84 football players, you mr. the worlds not fair thinks it's NOT fair because they win? I guess you don't really believe in "Hardworkandthetruth"  Part of Alcoa's success is Hardwork and playing the best teams possible. 

Then, when you do play in region ,you have played at a higher level, faster level. That's the hard work Alcoa's Players put in.  There are teams in all classifications, and levels that work hard to be the best and win.  But, you think they should be penalized for their success.? It is no different than Alabama in College. Should they have to play in the NFL?

I guess you believe all team needs a trophy?  My point to Indian is quite whining and start playing harder teams. You only get as good as your competition. A point you clearly missed. 

Calm down brother man. You just made a lot of assumptions about a lot of things (me included) that you know nothing about. We all know Alcoa is the real deal.  My point, Blount Co has open zoning.     Blount co population: 127,253 (per wiki). How many schools do you have in that area? Sequatchie co population: 14,112 with one high school. Most rural communities has 1-3 high schools.  Even Hamilton county (Chattanooga) doesn’t have open zoning. You don’t think that gives you an advantage? It’s a little more than hard work.

3 minutes ago, Hardworkandthetruth said:

Calm down brother man. You just made a lot of assumptions about a lot of things (me included) that you know nothing about. We all know Alcoa is the real deal.  My point, Blount Co has open zoning.     Blount co population: 127,253 (per wiki). How many schools do you have in that area? Sequatchie co population: 14,112 with one high school. Most rural communities has 1-3 high schools.  Even Hamilton county (Chattanooga) doesn’t have open zoning. You don’t think that gives you an advantage? It’s a little more than hard work.

Are you suggesting splitting open zone from non-open zone? Go ahead, then we can see just how many non-open zone high schools there actually are in the state of TN. Comical! :lol: