Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

On 7/24/2019 at 3:14 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

LB Jacob Adams has been working hard to be improved on the field and recognized off the field. His on the field work allowed him to be named to the Blue-Gray All Star game. His off the field effort has paid off with his being named to the CAS PrepStar team. I am not familiar with PrepStar but it appears to be an organization designed to promote deserving high school athletes in order to get scholarships. Hopefully everything Jacob is doing will bring him success on and off the field. Dominate the field Mr. Adams, RWR!

That's impressive. Looking forward to seeing the Hammer knock down some opponents this Season!

Any new updates on practices? I may venture up to OR to have a look next week. Hearing lots of positive things from folks. Very curious about the O this year. I know Gibbons has been working hard, just wondering about the WRs and RBs. Our O Line should be better than last year.

3 hours ago, ORDT said:

Any new updates on practices? I may venture up to OR to have a look next week. Hearing lots of positive things from folks. Very curious about the O this year. I know Gibbons has been working hard, just wondering about the WRs and RBs. Our O Line should be better than last year.

I would agree that the O Line should be better than last year but how we match up with other lines is another story altogether. Except for one lineman, we are VERY small unless they grew a lot since last season. I didn't attend the linemen event at Farragut but a friend who was there said the OR linemen were much smaller than everyone else, including Karns...that's a bit scary.

1 hour ago, catswild said:

I would agree that the O Line should be better than last year but how we match up with other lines is another story altogether. Except for one lineman, we are VERY small unless they grew a lot since last season. I didn't attend the linemen event at Farragut but a friend who was there said the OR linemen were much smaller than everyone else, including Karns...that's a bit scary.

I think at the beginning of last season the head ball coach said it was his smallest team ever....guess this team is smaller??

The O line at least has some returning starters..and who knows....the QB has an arm, probably more accurate than his predecessor however going to be really hard to replace a guy like Booker. Last season could have been very bad had it not been for his legs and ability to create plays out of nothing.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 2:14 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

LB Jacob Adams has been working hard to be improved on the field and recognized off the field. His on the field work allowed him to be named to the Blue-Gray All Star game. His off the field effort has paid off with his being named to the CAS PrepStar team. I am not familiar with PrepStar but it appears to be an organization designed to promote deserving high school athletes in order to get scholarships. Hopefully everything Jacob is doing will bring him success on and off the field. Dominate the field Mr. Adams, RWR!

That is good news. Great effort and hope for a great year. Go Cats!

• Upvote 1

It was a VERY SPECIAL DAY in Oak Ridge yesterday. Wildcat Card Blize day fundraiser was held throughout the city and the Wildcats made all kind of positive impressions on the citizens of the Ridge.

*** At Wal-Mart...multiple players helped a man who is paralyzed on his right side get out and back into his car after buying new glasses. The man's son posted this act of kindness on Facebook. If the name of the players become known I will let you all know.

*** At local Grocery Store...an offensive lineman and QB impressed a man with their politeness  and professionalism in their sales pitch. The man went back into the store to get $10 but when he came back out the players were gone. He found them in the parking lot helping  load groceries in a car. The players then closed the deal. RWR! The man is new to Oak Ridge and is a photographer. He now wants to attend games, take action shots and see about getting the pics to the team. 

*** On a city street...players saw a man loading stumps of wood in a pick up truck and took the time to help finish the job. Remember it was hot out there but they had that "WE GOT THIS" Wildcat attitude. I believe these are the jersey numbers of the helpful players, # 77, # 66 and # 25.

Man, the team did us all proud yesterday and I bet they will do the same during the season. RWR!

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

It was a VERY SPECIAL DAY in Oak Ridge yesterday. Wildcat Card Blize day fundraiser was held throughout the city and the Wildcats made all kind of positive impressions on the citizens of the Ridge.

*** At Wal-Mart...multiple players helped a man who is paralyzed on his right side get out and back into his car after buying new glasses. The man's son posted this act of kindness on Facebook. If the name of the players become known I will let you all know.

*** At local Grocery Store...an offensive lineman and QB impressed a man with their politeness  and professionalism in their sales pitch. The man went back into the store to get $10 but when he came back out the players were gone. He found them in the parking lot helping  load groceries in a car. The players then closed the deal. RWR! The man is new to Oak Ridge and is a photographer. He now wants to attend games, take action shots and see about getting the pics to the team. 

*** On a city street...players saw a man loading stumps of wood in a pick up truck and took the time to help finish the job. Remember it was hot out there but they had that "WE GOT THIS" Wildcat attitude. I believe these are the jersey numbers of the helpful players, # 77, # 66 and # 25.

Man, the team did us all proud yesterday and I bet they will do the same during the season. RWR!

That's very impressive and says a lot about the character of our players and the leadership. But now, a VERY important question must be asked.....did any of those good Samaritans show enough speed to go the distance?????  I fear that the answer is no.................This could be the slowest OR team in memory.

20 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Watch Jacob Adams 'Hudl highlights this morning. He has legit speed and a hammer for a hitting style. I recommend you all watch it.

I watched it and agree that he is a powerful hitter but "legit speed"....come on man...get off of that horse...it's getting old. The very fact that you continue to talk about his great speed proves my point...OR will have average speed at best this season!

1 hour ago, catswild said:

That's very impressive and says a lot about the character of our players and the leadership. But now, a VERY important question must be asked.....did any of those good Samaritans show enough speed to go the distance?????  I fear that the answer is no.................This could be the slowest OR team in memory.

What on earth does doing good work around town have anything to do with "enough speed to go the distance"??

You kind of write like a former FB player who never saw any playing time....Clinton maybe?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, catswild said:

I watched it and agree that he is a powerful hitter but "legit speed"....come on man...get off of that horse...it's getting old. The very fact that you continue to talk about his great speed proves my point...OR will have average speed at best this season!

I guess we all missed your point? On one hand you continue to discredit #44's speed...yet you've got zero factual information to prove your point. On the other hand, you discredit the team's speed all together.

You sure you belong on this OR Wildcat forum? You might consider chatting it up with the Clinton or Wartburg folk? They might value your words of 'wisdumb'.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1