Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

16 hours ago, ORDT said:

I guess we all missed your point? On one hand you continue to discredit #44's speed...yet you've got zero factual information to prove your point. On the other hand, you discredit the team's speed all together.

You sure you belong on this OR Wildcat forum? You might consider chatting it up with the Clinton or Wartburg folk? They might value your words of 'wisdumb'.

Since when is telling the truth as I see it a problem. I hope this OR team goes 10-0 and goes deep in the playoffs but the FACT is (unless someone moved in that I've never seen play) that OR has average speed at best this year. Who replaces Graham and Booker and their big play capabilities? NOBODY!  OR will have a good QB and a good runner but neither has the potential to outrun anyone who is truly fast (they can both outrun Adams). And if you don't think this lack of big play potential is important, then just look back at a few games from last year...West, Powell, Soddy, Catholic just to name a few. This team will be small...and slow by OR standards. I hope they can find ways to win the tough games and I'll be pulling for them hard...but I'm worried.

1 hour ago, catswild said:

Since when is telling the truth as I see it a problem. I hope this OR team goes 10-0 and goes deep in the playoffs but the FACT is (unless someone moved in that I've never seen play) that OR has average speed at best this year. Who replaces Graham and Booker and their big play capabilities? NOBODY!  OR will have a good QB and a good runner but neither has the potential to outrun anyone who is truly fast (they can both outrun Adams). And if you don't think this lack of big play potential is important, then just look back at a few games from last year...West, Powell, Soddy, Catholic just to name a few. This team will be small...and slow by OR standards. I hope they can find ways to win the tough games and I'll be pulling for them hard...but I'm worried.

I get it, I get it. You are worried about our size and speed. Welcome to the show! I think we have all been asking the same questions. Who will step up? Who will be that players to replace (in your opinion) the only talent OR has ever had. I think we all saw the games last year and we can all agree that the Offense was stagnant at best. The mass majority of positive yardage plays were broken and the team relied on Booker to make something positive happen out of nothing. That's a coaching issue and will agree that it'll translate to bigger issues this year because we dont have the same size and speed. The way I see it is..this is on the OC - Little development of kids who have the potential to step up, bad clock management and bad play calling. You toss the three of these into the bag of speed and size issues and you get one fat question mark.........Will the OC make the best use of the talent he has on the field?

That is the question of the season...and will agree, speed is an issue on offense....that and a history of questionable offensive play calling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ORDT said:

I get it, I get it. You are worried about our size and speed. Welcome to the show! I think we have all been asking the same questions. Who will step up? Who will be that players to replace (in your opinion) the only talent OR has ever had. I think we all saw the games last year and we can all agree that the Offense was stagnant at best. The mass majority of positive yardage plays were broken and the team relied on Booker to make something positive happen out of nothing. That's a coaching issue and will agree that it'll translate to bigger issues this year because we dont have the same size and speed. The way I see it is..this is on the OC - Little development of kids who have the potential to step up, bad clock management and bad play calling. You toss the three of these into the bag of speed and size issues and you get one fat question mark.........Will the OC make the best use of the talent he has on the field?

That is the question of the season...and will agree, speed is an issue on offense....that and a history of questionable offensive play calling.

Scoring 40 against Catholic is stagnant...then I hope OR stays stagnant! Can you read?  I repeat...CAN YOU READ????  I've read back over my post and I don't see anywhere that I said last year's talent was "the only talent OR has ever had".  Where did you see that?  CAN YOU READ????  You have a problem with the OC...that is well documented................

I'll agree with catswild and ORDT. The speed will be sub par this year and the line will be experienced but undersized. The offensive plays take WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long to get in the game and that's on the OC. The Catholic game is on the DC. When your team scores 40, you have to win. Bad play calling, taking too long to get the plays in,  can't be the cause of allowing 42 points, no matter how you look at it. If OR plays ANY DEFENSE AT ALL, they're playing Central in the semis. Now let's please look ahead to Hardin Valley. I'll be at the scrimmage Friday at WB and I hope our Cats look good and alleviate some of our concerns.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, catswild said:

Scoring 40 against Catholic is stagnant...then I hope OR stays stagnant! Can you read?  I repeat...CAN YOU READ????  I've read back over my post and I don't see anywhere that I said last year's talent was "the only talent OR has ever had".  Where did you see that?  CAN YOU READ????  You have a problem with the OC...that is well documented................

I guess I can't decipher your logic? CAN YOUR READ?

I was speaking to the 'body of work' for the season...not pointing a single game. CAN YOU READ?

I think we (other than you apparently) can agree the OC probably isn't the sharpest tool in the ORHS coaching shed. CAN YOU READ?

17 minutes ago, ORDT said:

I guess I can't decipher your logic? CAN YOUR READ?

I was speaking to the 'body of work' for the season...not pointing a single game. CAN YOU READ?

I think we (other than you apparently) can agree the OC probably isn't the sharpest tool in the ORHS coaching shed. CAN YOU READ?

I can read just fine...you're the one that read my post and immediately misquoted me, not the other way around. I don't know the OC so I can't comment on his intelligence.

2 minutes ago, catswild said:

I can read just fine...you're the one that read my post and immediately misquoted me, not the other way around. I don't know the OC so I can't comment on his intelligence.

Can't we all just get along LOL?

PCportrait2000.jpg