Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

12 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Just curious.. against Whitwell what could they have changed? I still agree with PowerP. They made some unbelievable catches. I’m still not sure how they got several of those big catches. I haven’t been able to see replays, but I’d like too. Live and in person I watched the ball and saw the guy was covered but he caught it anyway. If anyone has it. Put it on here please. 

The TD that tied it up, well before the 2pt conversion. our guy had glue in his shoes and just watched him run by and never looked around. Our DB had the best picture of it for sure bc he watched him the whole time, just like he did a few other times this year. The one before half #5 just miss timed his jump but was in good position, but you can't wait for the ball to come down, it would have been better to get a penalty then let that long pass get down there and who know's. They might never score. But that's a forgone conclussion now. 

Actually on the td that tied it and they didn't get the 2 pt convs. our DB was in decent coverage but the WR for Whitwell was a half yard in front of him the time the ball got there and it was a good pass also. If your  a DB you just can't get beat with the game on the line like that. I mean did our DB think there WR was going to cut his route short?  

1 minute ago, sportman said:

Actually on the td that tied it and they didn't get the 2 pt convs. our DB was in decent coverage but the WR for Whitwell was a half yard in front of him the time the ball got there and it was a good pass also. If your  a DB you just can't get beat with the game on the line like that. I mean did our DB think there WR was going to cut his route short?  

If you’re a DB one of the key things you’re taught is never let anything behind you ESPECIALLY with no safety help 

42 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Just curious.. against Whitwell what could they have changed? I still agree with PowerP. They made some unbelievable catches. I’m still not sure how they got several of those big catches. I haven’t been able to see replays, but I’d like too. Live and in person I watched the ball and saw the guy was covered but he caught it anyway. If anyone has it. Put it on here please. 

Wrcb has video highlights I believe.

1 minute ago, WingoVFL said:

If you’re a DB one of the key things you’re taught is never let anything behind you ESPECIALLY with no safety help 

Me and sportman are gonna drone train our db's.  They'll have to cover them from one endzone to the other and back.  If you can cover a drone you can cover a WR.

Just like if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

• Upvote 2