Region 1A

Htowndawgs

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Evidently we forgot how to play on our home floor and i see Hampton did too

Ever stupid thing you could think of, we did tonight and couldnt score the ball....with less than 5 seconds to go, a kid takes 5 steps without a dribble, then a 40' fall away throw while fading to the right for the NG win. Pretty sure the kids eyes were closed too LOL.

Rollercoaster ride continues  SMH

Edited by uknoit2

District 2 is finally competitive for once..Greenback is the 5 seed and won the tournament last year and got pretty much everyone back..Cosby won’t have a cakewalk to the championship like the years before..for the first time maybe ever district 2 is as good as district 1 top to bottom..there used to be not much pressure to win district 1 cuz the 3 or 4 seed could come to district 2 and win on the road..that’s not the case anymore 

15 hours ago, CosbyTradition said:

District 2 is finally competitive for once..Greenback is the 5 seed and won the tournament last year and got pretty much everyone back..Cosby won’t have a cakewalk to the championship like the years before..for the first time maybe ever district 2 is as good as district 1 top to bottom..there used to be not much pressure to win district 1 cuz the 3 or 4 seed could come to district 2 and win on the road..that’s not the case anymore 

+1!!! Great post! Greenback sitting 5th in district right now due to some unfortunate losses early are as dangerous a 5 seed as they come. Based on the eye test and how teams are playing right now the top 4 in no real order are Cosby, HC, Jellico and Greenback. Any of these 4 can win! Jellico has came on strong down the stretch and so has GB. Jellico PG poses huge problems for us and has played lights out both games vs us the last couple of weeks. Kid scored 37 of their 81 points Monday night in our OT loss 81-80. We shot like 31 of 96 so that did not help our cause. We finish those high percentage shots around the basket or at least get to free throw line and it is a whole different story. Jellico shot very well and we still had a ballgame. We erased an 11 point deficit in under 3 minutes to force OT. We fix backside defense  help and we win a lot more games. Nobody out rebounds us nor should they. We also have another big  in the game starting now which changes a lot for us for the positive. We bounced back nicely for a road win Friday at Sequoyah. Hope we get our legs rested for Friday up at Cosby! District 2 tourney should be a solid semi & final. 

16 hours ago, ladykee said:

+1!!! Great post! Greenback sitting 5th in district right now due to some unfortunate losses early are as dangerous a 5 seed as they come. Based on the eye test and how teams are playing right now the top 4 in no real order are Cosby, HC, Jellico and Greenback. Any of these 4 can win! Jellico has came on strong down the stretch and so has GB. Jellico PG poses huge problems for us and has played lights out both games vs us the last couple of weeks. Kid scored 37 of their 81 points Monday night in our OT loss 81-80. We shot like 31 of 96 so that did not help our cause. We finish those high percentage shots around the basket or at least get to free throw line and it is a whole different story. Jellico shot very well and we still had a ballgame. We erased an 11 point deficit in under 3 minutes to force OT. We fix backside defense  help and we win a lot more games. Nobody out rebounds us nor should they. We also have another big  in the game starting now which changes a lot for us for the positive. We bounced back nicely for a road win Friday at Sequoyah. Hope we get our legs rested for Friday up at Cosby! District 2 tourney should be a solid semi & final. 

Jellico must have really improved.  Hampton beat them by 40 pts earlier 

Jellico must have really improved.  Hampton beat them by 40 pts earlier 

If you dont have a good defensive player who can lock down a quick little guard their PG will wear you out. We have run em out of the gym twice but they do have the talent to sneak up and get about anyone if you have an off night. 

I hope we get Leaper to feeling better.  It really hurts us when he's not on the floor. 

SMH    I know how to read between the lines of a KING post...I guess we won last night because Leaper wasn't on the floor. He was on the floor when we won at Cland!  Are you sure you're not 'kin to Pelosi or Schumer? :roflol:

Honestly, Leaper is hard to deal with as his engine never idles...He may have had his way last night too had he been able to play...The game was one of the strangest I'd seen in awhile and hope it's not a sign of how we'll play the next few weeks

That game last night had a very strange vibe to it,I don't know if leaper, would have made that much of a difference,but he would have made some difference he's too good of a player not to.i do have a question about the Dogz, now do keep in mind I don't watch a lot of high school ball mainly watch jr high what kind of offence does the Dogz run because all I saw last night was launch 3 after 3 very little drive and dish or a lot of movement,the 3 ball is great if it's going in but if you have an off night it can get you beat

19 minutes ago, IMDog said:

That game last night had a very strange vibe to it,I don't know if leaper, would have made that much of a difference,but he would have made some difference he's too good of a player not to.i do have a question about the Dogz, now do keep in mind I don't watch a lot of high school ball mainly watch jr high what kind of offence does the Dogz run because all I saw last night was launch 3 after 3 very little drive and dish or a lot of movement,the 3 ball is great if it's going in but if you have an off night it can get you beat

I'm not sure what the deal was. The 3's missed were by players that can stroke it from the arch. Air balls were dropping from everywhere. Nowhere near enough driving and when we did, we were out of control. Was thankful to see it end Lol