2019 Henry County Patriots

HCRedPride

On 7/9/2019 at 8:15 AM, PatriotNation said:

Hope someone does would love to hear 

Passing is not what HCHS does on a regular bases, but they CAN throw. #1 is one of the best receivers in the state, I believe. After watching the Tuesday 7 on 7s, HCHS will have to choose a QB. Just my opinion the Freshman looked better on Tuesday. I've seen both QBs in middle school and #16 in high school, both have good qualities. The freshman made better reads and a lot less errors of judgement tonight. But how he does with the whole team on the field will tell the story. A good start, saw a lot of good athletes on the field tonight. Way more than we've had in the past. Get them in the right positions this will be another great year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dadriot12 said:

Passing is not what HCHS does on a regular bases, but they CAN throw. #1 is one of the best receivers in the state, I believe. After watching the Tuesday 7 on 7s, HCHS will have to choose a QB. Just my opinion the Freshman looked better on Tuesday. I've seen both QBs in middle school and #16 in high school, both have good qualities. The freshman made better reads and a lot less errors of judgement tonight. But how he does with the whole team on the field will tell the story. A good start, saw a lot of good athletes on the field tonight. Way more than we've had in the past. Get them in the right positions this will be another great year.

Or 2 of them might see a lot of playing time. If I had to make an early guess, that's probably where I would lean. We've seen it as recently as 2 years ago with Parrish and Gardner. 

1 hour ago, dadriot12 said:

Great insight man! Sounds like something to be excited about. I believe our offense will be just fine. My concern is defense but I think they will be fine

2 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Or 2 of them might see a lot of playing time. If I had to make an early guess, that's probably where I would lean. We've seen it as recently as 2 years ago with Parrish and Gardner. 

Nothing wrong with 2 QBs, Its really a blessing. I know a lot of times i wished we had 2. 

The Junior struggled a lot last night. I thought the Freshman had the best night and it wasn’t very close. You’re correct in saying he made the better reads and far less errors, which is very unusual considering he is a Freshman, and the Junior is going into his 3rd year in the system. We moved the ball much better when the youngster was in. I don’t see any scenario where he’s not the starter. Odoms is a special talent. He will end up being at top 10 prospect in state by the time he’s a Senior. Several others showed flashes as well. #25 stands out physically, and also just a Freshman. 

7 on 7 doesn’t really show much for us, because without the threat of the run, teams are just going man on the outside with the LB’s dropping into coverage. If they do that to us when the pads are on, we’ll run for 500+ yards per game. I know we’re reloading at several spots, but if the lines on both sides come together, this could be another great year for the Big Red. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Omaha said:

The Junior struggled a lot last night. I thought the Freshman had the best night and it wasn’t very close. You’re correct in saying he made the better reads and far less errors, which is very unusual considering he is a Freshman, and the Junior is going into his 3rd year in the system. We moved the ball much better when the youngster was in. I don’t see any scenario where he’s not the starter. Odoms is a special talent. He will end up being at top 10 prospect in state by the time he’s a Senior. Several others showed flashes as well. #25 stands out physically, and also just a Freshman. 

7 on 7 doesn’t really show much for us, because without the threat of the run, teams are just going man on the outside with the LB’s dropping into coverage. If they do that to us when the pads are on, we’ll run for 500+ yards per game. I know we’re reloading at several spots, but if the lines on both sides come together, this could be another great year for the Big Red. 

Just imagine when Odoms is a senior and Damron is a Sophomore! This year may be good but next year should be outstanding in the pass game! Probably best in Henry County history

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dadriot12 said:

Nothing wrong with 2 QBs, Its really a blessing. I know a lot of times i wished we had 2. 

Very true, even though I'm hoping we roll with just one full time starter lol. I've never been a fan of rotating at the QB position, but I'm for whatever is best for the team.