2019 Henry County Patriots

HCRedPride

49 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Saw where Jayln Foster and Joe Travis were named to Murphy Fair’s preseason all-state team as a RB and DB, respectively. I tend to agree. Could be a special year for those two. 

I agree! It's no telling how good Jayln can be for us this year! The sky is the limit for that young man! He has consistently ran hard and made something out of nothing time and time again. If that o line comes through for us this year it WILL BE a special year for him. Joe Travis will have a huge year at DB! Probably one of the better DB's we have had in recent memory! With Travis and Odoms covering receivers I like our chances against the pass. Who knows we may have 2 super close games with Beech this year also! That's right I said TWO! lol

GO BIG RED

1 hour ago, Omaha said:

Don’t be surprised if JT gets some work on the offensive side of the ball as well. Great kid, leader, and football player. JF is a great back, and needs at least 15 touches a game for us to be successful. I wish Joe was getting more looks from colleges. He could play somewhere.

Is anyone looking at Jayln or Jawon Odoms?

28 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Is anyone looking at Jayln or Jawon Odoms?

Haven’t heard much on Jayln. I would think some smaller schools would give him a shot. He’s such a good athlete. Jawon has interest from several schools, but no offers yet that I’m aware of. They’ll come though, he will end up being at least one of the top receivers in the state next year, if not one of the top overall players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omaha said:

Haven’t heard much on Jayln. I would think some smaller schools would give him a shot. He’s such a good athlete. Jawon has interest from several schools, but no offers yet that I’m aware of. They’ll come though, he will end up being at least one of the top receivers in the state next year, if not one of the top overall players. 

Wow really? I know he is good but is he that good? 

4 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

Wow really? I know he is good but is he that good? 

It’ll all depend on where he camps and his 40 time, because the rest of the attributes are there. If he camps well and runs 4.6 or under he’s a D1 guy all day long. 4.5 or under and he’ll be a Power 5 type player. I have no idea how fast he is or what kind of 40 he runs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omaha said:

It’ll all depend on where he camps and his 40 time, because the rest of the attributes are there. If he camps well and runs 4.6 or under he’s a D1 guy all day long. 4.5 or under and he’ll be a Power 5 type player. I have no idea how fast he is or what kind of 40 he runs.

He looks fast on the football field with pads. It is hard to tell how accurate the forty times are that you hear about in high school, but he looks like he could run legit 4.6 or better. Especially if he works at it.

38 minutes ago, westtn1 said:

He looks fast on the football field with pads. It is hard to tell how accurate the forty times are that you hear about in high school, but he looks like he could run legit 4.6 or better. Especially if he works at it.

Most definitely. I’m not a big measurables guy, just give me football players. But the recruiters and scouts think otherwise. Jerry Rice was a 4.6-4.7 guy, and look what he accomplished. Sure, if he ran a 4.4 he’d have probably been that much better, but you can be productive without running that fast. He has a D1 body, if he has D1 measurables, he’ll be a definite take. #25 is the same way, he will have a D1 body. heck, he practically already does. If the young quarterback grows another couple of inches he will also be looked at. The big kid from Waverly that moved in will be a college player. Exciting time to be a Patriot fan!

7 hours ago, Omaha said:

Most definitely. I’m not a big measurables guy, just give me football players. But the recruiters and scouts think otherwise. Jerry Rice was a 4.6-4.7 guy, and look what he accomplished. Sure, if he ran a 4.4 he’d have probably been that much better, but you can be productive without running that fast. He has a D1 body, if he has D1 measurables, he’ll be a definite take. #25 is the same way, he will have a D1 body. heck, he practically already does. If the young quarterback grows another couple of inches he will also be looked at. The big kid from Waverly that moved in will be a college player. Exciting time to be a Patriot fan!

#25 is Zamariyon Kendall and he is an absolute beast! Not sure what position he will play I think WR but he would be one heck of a RB! If anybody has ever got to watch him play he is fun to watch! Just listen to this list of players we have this year. The freshman phenom at QB Ryan Damron, Jayln Foster, Jamarcus Johnson, Jawon Odoms, Joe Travis, Dante Davis, Mekhi Sanders, Zamariyon Kendall that's a heck of a lot of talent! 

• Like 1