2019 Henry County Patriots

HCRedPride

31 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

This is pretty spot on, the thing I was most impressed with by the young QB was his decision making in the heat of battle, I can only think of 1 play where he didnt make the correct decision, I believe it is pretty clear who the starting QB is.....

The running game looked solid as usual and the defense didnt play too badly really.....

If there was any critique from me I would say the offensive line needs to tighten it up a bit specifically in pass protection, kudos to the QB for thinking quick on his feet and making good decisions under fire, having said that Milan may just have a very good Dline that will be tough for any team to block this year.....

As far as Milan putting up 21 I am going to give Milan some credit, as you stated the QB is a beast, that last long TD pass was just executed perfectly, an inch shorter/longer and that doesnt work, and after he caught it, lets face it, that kid just had some burners.....lol

You guys will be fine this year,I will probably make it out for a few games.....

Hello, K-38 Longtime, no see.

GO BIG RED

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, olddevil said:

Just getting older, no wiser, Are you still at the same place down my way?

GO BIG RED

We live a couple miles down 119 but still in the area, looking forward to football season to officially start, I believe my Jackets have a good shot at making another deep run in the playoffs.....

4 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

This is pretty spot on, the thing I was most impressed with by the young QB was his decision making in the heat of battle, I can only think of 1 play where he didnt make the correct decision, I believe it is pretty clear who the starting QB is.....

The running game looked solid as usual and the defense didnt play too badly really.....

If there was any critique from me I would say the offensive line needs to tighten it up a bit specifically in pass protection, kudos to the QB for thinking quick on his feet and making good decisions under fire, having said that Milan may just have a very good Dline that will be tough for any team to block this year.....

As far as Milan putting up 21 I am going to give Milan some credit, as you stated the QB is a beast, that last long TD pass was just executed perfectly, an inch shorter/longer and that doesnt work, and after he caught it, lets face it, that kid just had some burners.....lol

You guys will be fine this year,I will probably make it out for a few games.....

Once Foster and Johnson get back healthy, with Travis and Davis, this running game will be unreal. It’ll definitely be a young QB’s best friend. And after last night, there’s zero doubt as to who the QB will be this season. That young man can play. I don’t know if we have enough footballs to keep all the RBs satisfied. I know a couple of them will play defense as well, but with all 4 bringing a little different skill set to the table, our running game should be off the charts. Assuming the OL comes together.

Edited by Omaha
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Omaha said:

Once Foster and Johnson get back healthy, with Travis and Davis, this running game will be unreal. It’ll definitely be a young QB’s best friend. And after last night, there’s zero doubt as to who the QB will be this season. That young man can play. I don’t know if we have enough footballs to keep all the RBs satisfied. I know a couple of them will play defense as well, but with all 4 bringing a little different skill set to the table, our running game should be off the charts. Assuming the OL comes together.

Depth at RB will be great, I actually believe the Oline did quite well run blocking, but there's always room for improvement.....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Omaha said:

If Foster and Johnson do end up being 1A and 1B at tailback, I’m sure we could find a spot for #27 on defense. He could probably help out in the secondary right away. 

I also like Travis on those wildcat plays. That could be huge for short yardage situations this year. 

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

Depth at RB will be great, I actually believe the Oline did quite well run blocking, but there's always room for improvement.....

I agree, they did pretty well opening up holes for the runners. Just need to clean up the pass protection and penalties some. It’s early, I’m sure they’ll get it going.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

If Foster and Johnson do end up being 1A and 1B at tailback, I’m sure we could find a spot for #27 on defense. He could probably help out in the secondary right away. 

I also like Travis on those wildcat plays. That could be huge for short yardage situations this year. 

I think Travis is probably our best all around RB, but the other three bring a lot to the table as well. It’s a good problem to have. I also like Travis in the wildcat as a change of pace. Gives opposing defenses one more thing to prepare for.