District 6a Power Rankings

StarvinMarvin245

The football guys are all starting to practice and play for TC except Alex Ford, he suffered a knee injury in the State championship game and he will not play this basketball season, hurts us probably our 2nd best pure shooter on the team, but once they get into full basketball mode lookout, we played clay to 3 points and really let them off the hook. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, TCRadio said:

The football guys are all starting to practice and play for TC except Alex Ford, he suffered a knee injury in the State championship game and he will not play this basketball season, hurts us probably our 2nd best pure shooter on the team, but once they get into full basketball mode lookout, we played clay to 3 points and really let them off the hook. 

I heard Trousdale got a transfer or two. Someone said they got a big post player which I could see giving Clay some problems. I don’t think it will be this close when Trousdale travels to Clay County though. Good teams find a way to win and that’s what Clay is doing. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I heard Trousdale got a transfer or two. Someone said they got a big post player which I could see giving Clay some problems. I don’t think it will be this close when Trousdale travels to Clay County though. Good teams find a way to win and that’s what Clay is doing. 

I agree with clay finding ways to win, and Clark(6’5) is the kid your talking about he was here and left for soph and jr year and moved back for sr year, he’s a good player but nothing special. And I still believe any team can beat any team in this district, should be fun come tournament time 

Early predictions tonight for 6a boys.

Clay vs Pickett- Clay in one that will be close for 3 quarters, Clay will pull away at end.

Trousdale vs Monterey - Haven't saw Trousdale play yet, ill take Montery since they are at home.

Gordonsville vs Jackson Co. - Jackson Co. in a close game.

RBS vs Clarkrange - as ive stated, RBS has just as much talent as Clay or potential i must say.  I will take Clarkrange, they aren't very good but will at least be prepared and in shape.  Clarkrange in a big upset.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:30 AM, StarvinMarvin245 said:

Early predictions tonight for 6a boys.

Clay vs Pickett- Clay in one that will be close for 3 quarters, Clay will pull away at end.

Trousdale vs Monterey - Haven't saw Trousdale play yet, ill take Montery since they are at home.

Gordonsville vs Jackson Co. - Jackson Co. in a close game.

RBS vs Clarkrange - as ive stated, RBS has just as much talent as Clay or potential i must say.  I will take Clarkrange, they aren't very good but will at least be prepared and in shape.  Clarkrange in a big upset.

I beg to differ on the level of talent at RBS being as good as Clay County.  RBS has Marsh and a couple nice roll players but outside of that they do not match up well against Clay. IMO Clay has freshmen that rarely see the floor that are as good or better than RBS’s.  That’s nothing against the players there, Clay just has a deep team and a freshman class that is second to none in middle Tn. 

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I beg to differ on the level of talent at RBS being as good as Clay County.  RBS has Marsh and a couple nice roll players but outside of that they do not match up well against Clay. IMO Clay has freshmen that rarely see the floor that are as good or better than RBS’s.  That’s nothing against the players there, Clay just has a deep team and a freshman class that is second to none in middle Tn. 

Pickett has a couple of dang good freshman. I was able to see that at their RBS game.

Clay has freshman not playing that are better than a couple of starters and definitely better than first subs  

On 12/12/2018 at 8:22 AM, UCSportsFan said:

I disagree with you 100%. IMO Marsh is the best player in district 6A he’s the toughest matchup and demands double and triple teaming every time down the floor. Woodcock is a very good player and from all accounts a fine young man. I love the way he plays the game. He’s tough, doesn’t complain if things don’t go his way and he’s definitely the best player on the best team.  Now having said all of this I do believe young Mr Woodcock could be MVP and it would not be a bad choice.  It’s a two horse race with A LOT of games to be played. 

I’ll give you a dark horse that many will never even notice but he should be noticed as one of the best players in 6A and that’s a young man by the name of Gavin Silk. If you’ve watched Clay County play at all you cannot help but notice this young mans presence on the floor. 

Ok theres my two cents and I’m sure we all know how much that’s worth!  Haha

Silk is a nice role player but is their 5th starter imo. He doesn’t have responsibilities like Kimes to handle the ball, Ashlock to rebound, Woodcock to score, Emberton to defend. He’s a nice enough player on a good team but not even an all district player imo

PC has a lot of talent but are very young starting 2 freshmen,a sophomore and 2 juniors. They beat Livingston by 20 last night but also lost to Clarkrange by 20. They also beat RBS 76-61. They led Clay Co at the half last Friday but had a bad 2nd half and lost by 11. When they play to their potential the entire game they can beat anyone and when they don't they can lose to anyone in the district.

Edited by bobcatfan300

2 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

PC has a lot of talent but are very young starting 2 freshmen,a sophomore and 2 juniors. They beat Livingston by 20 last night but also lost to Clarkrange by 20. They also beat RBS 76-61. They led Clay Co at the half last Friday but had a bad 2nd half and lost by 11. When they play to their potential the entire game they can beat anyone and when they don't they can lose to anyone in the district.

I thought Clay Co had a good game plan defensively against Pickett.  I’d look for a lot more of that this year until PC proves they can score enough points to win without him scoring a lot.  Although it sounds like they figured something out against LA. Either that or LA’s coach didn’t think he needed to concentrate on him. Not sure how they lost by 20 but then again the bobcat den will do that to you if you’re not careful. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dexter10 said:

The Baine’s kid from tc is the best athlete in the district and if he decides to can shut anyone down they will be a hard out come tournament time and he should be a first team all district 

Negative, Clay County’s BJ Emberton is the best athlete in 6A. 

Edited by UCSportsFan