Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
StarvinMarvin245

District 6a Power Rankings

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Negative, Clay County’s BJ Emberton is the best athlete in 6A. 

I seen both kids play several times evidently you haven’t to make that statement.  Athlete equals run fast  jump high good quick lateral movement  and strength in which Baine’s has him in every category 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dexter10 said:

I seen both kids play several times evidently you haven’t to make that statement.  Athlete equals run fast  jump high good quick lateral movement  and strength in which Baine’s has him in every category 

It takes way more than those four things. What about hand and eye coordination, discipline, motivation, high tolerance of pain, focus, drive, commitment, leadership etc.. just because I can jump high and dunk a basketball doesn’t make me a good athlete. Doesn’t mean I’m not but it’s not even in the top 30 of what it takes to be an elite athlete. Thanks I’ll be here all week!

Edited by UCSportsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we will see which one can shut the other teams best player down which Baine is their best player  you are correct about motivation if he had a great work ethic no one could guard him.  He has to do way more for his team I’m not saying the other team isn’t better or the other kid is not athletic but I strongly disagree with you on which one is the best athlete.         Have you ever seen the NFL combine and seen how they measure athletes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dexter10 said:

Well we will see which one can shut the other teams best player down which Baine is their best player  you are correct about motivation if he had a great work ethic no one could guard him.  He has to do way more for his team I’m not saying the other team isn’t better or the other kid is not athletic but I strongly disagree with you on which one is the best athlete.         Have you ever seen the NFL combine and seen how they measure athletes 

I have watched it many times and more times than not most of the “numbers” guys aren’t your best players in the nfl.  40 times and how high you can jump doesn’t mean you’re a great athlete. You have more first round flops than you do at any other time. Vince Young was a physical specimen how long did he last?  Tom Brady on the other hand was a skinny white boy who cant run fast or jump high. Tell me who proved to be the better all around athlete?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good player and a good athlete can be different Larry Bird was great but not a great athlete but he is my favorite player he just had to work st it a lot harder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To many times in discussions on this site people are not applying the same criteria to the discussion. At least this one has a definition.

Definition of athlete 

 


: a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO Vince Young was by far a better athlete... However,  Tom Brady is the better quarterback.  I've always thought of those as 2 different things

The best athletes are not always the best basketball players.  Does it help?  Absolutely.  I feel like some in this thread are thinking of athlete and basketball/football player as the same thing.   I, for one, feel like they are very different.  

Take a decathlete.  They would have to be great athletes by any definition of the word, but would probably be poor at a skill based sport like basketball.  

14 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I have watched it many times and more times than not most of the “numbers” guys aren’t your best players in the nfl.  40 times and how high you can jump doesn’t mean you’re a great athlete. You have more first round flops than you do at any other time. Vince Young was a physical specimen how long did he last?  Tom Brady on the other hand was a skinny white boy who cant run fast or jump high. Tell me who proved to be the better all around athlete?  

 

Edited by Alumn89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, TCRadio said:

The football guys are all starting to practice and play for TC except Alex Ford, he suffered a knee injury in the State championship game and he will not play this basketball season, hurts us probably our 2nd best pure shooter on the team, but once they get into full basketball mode lookout, we played clay to 3 points and really let them off the hook. 

Looks like some truth to the footballs guy making a difference. TC over Red Boiling tonight by 30. According to the T score board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, UTRok said:

Looks like some truth to the footballs guy making a difference. TC over Red Boiling tonight by 30. According to the T score board.

Looking forward to watching them play Clay County in Celina in a couple of weeks. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Looking forward to watching them play Clay County in Celina in a couple of weeks. 

Clay is VERY tough at home! VERY!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TALMAD said:

Clay is VERY tough at home! VERY!!!

I agree they are hard to beat in Celina.  That’s one of the things that makes these district teams so much fun to watch.  They all do a really good job of protecting their home court. Go try to win a game in Celina, Byrdstown, Gainesboro or Clarkrange come tourney time.  Red Boiling is the same way, all very tough at home.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...