District 8-A

ecu

Ok. I’m having a difficult time trying to figure out how District 8 ends up having to play their Regional against Nashville area teams and then being paired against the upper Cumberland teams like Clay and Clarkrange in substates. This is silly. Travel right on by the likes of whitwell and south Pitt. Makes no sense. 

10 hours ago, oleblue78 said:

Ok. I’m having a difficult time trying to figure out how District 8 ends up having to play their Regional against Nashville area teams and then being paired against the upper Cumberland teams like Clay and Clarkrange in substates. This is silly. Travel right on by the likes of whitwell and south Pitt. Makes no sense. 

What does the TSSAA do that makes sense.

17 hours ago, oleblue78 said:

When they combined the old districts 7A and 8A that changed the geography for the substate. The teams out of Chattanooga used to be the sacrificial lambs on the girls side in the substate. That was back when Jackson County was really good winning 7 state championships in 15 years Clarkrange won 3 And Clay won one during the same time period so I’m not sure if the Chattanooga area teams complained because they didn’t have a chance to advance to the state tournament or what.  Clarkrange and Clay are good enough this year to play each other for the gold ball this year so we shall see how it all shakes out. 

44-31. I’ve never seen these 3 refs but it looked like when you ref a Jr. Pro game. You let the girls from Lead take a 5 step throw up shot and don’t call it. So bad all you can do is laugh. MC girls feet were planted 3-4 times and let Lead run them over and call a block. Good thing we have tough girls.