2018-2019 Miss Basketball Nominations

WolfPack101

8 hours ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

The best single A player in the State is none other than Karly Weathers from Loretto!   SEC offers before you play your first high school game.  She is going to be fun to watch the rest of her High School years.  Father 18 year MLB veteran, mother All-American basketball at Belmont.  Older Brother was the Gatorade Baseball National Player of the year last year.  Karley already has 3 AAU national championship rings and a volleyball state ring.  Oh and by the way her little sister is a 6th grader and was MVP of the middle school basketball Sectional tournament last week.  If you have the opportunity go watch her play sometime.  

They don’t pick Miss Basketballs by how many AAU rings you have or who your parents are or who is recruiting you. I don’t think you understand the criteria for Miss Basketball.  

But Im sure she’s a great player or she wouldn’t have been nominated. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

57 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

GCPioneer,  I know you have seen them both. How big is Weathers? In your opinion Is weathers as good as Chloe. After seeing their schedule I can see why they are 25-1. I think that could hurt them down the road. 

I have seen all of the kids mentioned here several times on different stages of basketball (high school and travel ball). Weathers is the real deal and is deserving of being up for Miss Basketball. I even mentioned to someone around the Christmas break that people on coacht are talking about everyone in the state in Single A besides Weathers and Loretto, westtnfan may be able to vouch for me on that. Now it appears that everyone is wondering about Weathers and Loretto. She is about 5'10 and can score the ball from everywhere. I do know for a fact that she has a standing offer from Alabama for basketball, a school her brother was originally committed to in baseball before decommitting after the coaching change and changing his mind do Vandy before deciding the become pro. I know there have been some other SEC schools that have shown interest in her, but as of right now, her only offer is from Alabama. Is she as good as Chloe? They play two different positions, but yes she is capable of doing the stuff that Chloe does on the floor right now but in different styles.

• Like 1

To keep Loretto's strength of schedule in perspective, and me having a little bit of time on my hands right now...

Deshler (AL) - 24-10

Muscle Shoals (AL) - 15-11

Mars Hill (AL) - 17-10

Wilson HS (AL) - 20-11

West Limestone (AL) - 22-8

Priceville (AL) - 24-6

Rogers (AL) - 29-3

They've played as tough a schedule as anyone in Single A..... the weak schedule talk isn't accurate.

Also, one thing that most of these Single A coaches that are coaching the top teams  in this classification should be applauded for is actually playing a strong strength of schedule...

Edited by GCPioneer

28 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

All those teams are from Alabama and I didn’t know anything about them but I know the Tennessee teams and Summertown is the only quality team. So if you compare it to Gibson County schedule then I apologize. 

I didn’t know how good they were either until I looked it up, other than 1 or 2 of those Alabama teams. They also played a decent Community team in the Hall of Fame game back at the beginning of the season. District isn’t very strong outside of Summertown, but solid schedule out of district.

Edited by GCPioneer

4 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

She must be a good player to earn this award as a freshman. 

Watched her and Loretto several times. She isnt close to Chloe. She is good but she can’t do what Chloe does. They have the luxury of playing a weak schedule. Those Alabama teams they play would have a lot more losses if they played in West Tennessee.

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

Watched her and Loretto several times. She isnt close to Chloe. She is good but she can’t do what Chloe does. They have the luxury of playing a weak schedule. Those Alabama teams they play would have a lot more losses if they played in West Tennessee.

Some of those Alabama teams Loretto beat would be competing with the West Tennesse teams you talk talk about.  These teams are now playing for their state championships.  You may need to go watch them before you comment.  I've seen the west Tennessee your talking about and I've seen the Alabama teams Loretto has played and beat.  They would defently  compete with all the top teams in west Tennessee.   Chloe is a very good player and so is her team, but there are other good teams outside of west Tennessee, and yes, even in Alabama.  Loretto schedule rank on CoachT is off when it comes to Loretto.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:21 PM, SuperFan14A said:

I agree 110%....I believe Chloe Moore and Tess Darby both should be on that list in Single A. I'm sure Greenfield Fan would agree with me on this post. 

I agree 100% with you on Chloe and Tess. Both girls are unselfish and are thinking team not individual awards. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

On 2/9/2019 at 9:51 PM, gogold said:

Some of those Alabama teams Loretto beat would be competing with the West Tennesse teams you talk talk about.  These teams are now playing for their state championships.  You may need to go watch them before you comment.  I've seen the west Tennessee your talking about and I've seen the Alabama teams Loretto has played and beat.  They would defently  compete with all the top teams in west Tennessee.   Chloe is a very good player and so is her team, but there are other good teams outside of west Tennessee, and yes, even in Alabama.  Loretto schedule rank on CoachT is off when it comes to Loretto.

Can you enlighten us on how Loretto is 1A with 531 students enrolled?