Class AA Miss Basketball Finalists
Kimia Carter, Brainerd
Gracee Dishman, Cumberland County
Braelyn Wykle, South Greene

Class AAA Miss Basketball Finalists
Jada Guinn, Oak Ridge
Madison Hayes, East Hamilton
Jayla Hemingway, Houston

Congratulations! To be nominated is a tremendous honor. There are very many others who are deserving.

We are especially proud of our home town girl—Braelyn Wykle.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Agreed and there's some others that are deserving in my opinion, but I don't  know all the criteria other than stats

I'm not sure exactly what all criteria they look at, but based off of the players selected, I would say it is an individual stat oriented criteria.

For instance, Aislynn Hayes has been the starting PG for one of the top teams in the country for the past 4 seasons and was named the state tournament MVP last year, but didn't have the big stats of the others in Triple A although she had quality stats. It appears those individual stats outweighed her accolades she got last year and guiding her team to a top 15 national rank this season.

Edited by GCPioneer

2 hours ago, Indian said:

According to this article, Kimia Carter has scored all but 200 of her teams points this year and had the assist on 170 of those.  That leaves only 30 points in the entire season that she didn’t have a hand in. Her name doesn’t appear on any of the recognized high school sports stat sites.  Do those numbers seem a bit off to anybody else?  Can somebody verify these numbers?

4 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

According to this article, Kimia Carter has scored all but 200 of her teams points this year and had the assist on 170 of those.  That leaves only 30 points in the entire season that she didn’t have a hand in. Her name doesn’t appear on any of the recognized high school sports stat sites.  Do those numbers seem a bit off to anybody else?  Can somebody verify these numbers?

Trying to discredit this girls numbers? Always something with you. How about just accept results instead of making excuses.

6 minutes ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

I see in Single A from Loretto Karly Weathers,  has a Freshman ever made it to the finals before?  She’s the real deal! SEC offers before she played her first High School game.

She's legit... I wondered the same about whether or not a freshman had ever made it before, a very good player!

25 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

I have seen a few of those girls play, and all are deserving, but I was a little surprised to see her on the list.