TCA 18-5(8-1) vs. Peabody 16-7(7-1)

Intense

TCA will try to avenge its only district loss on Friday night.  Can they handle the half court jump press of Peabody’s quick guards?  Can they stop Kiara?  She’s great player.  Can Peabody contain Macey Lee and Sally Howell?  Going to be a great game in a great environment.  Two excellent head coaches!

TCA finishes strong and wins by 10!  Let’s get some conversation going Bababa!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Intense said:

TCA will try to avenge its only district loss on Friday night.  Can they handle the half court jump press of Peabody’s quick guards?  Can they stop Kiara?  She’s great player.  Can Peabody contain Macey Lee and Sally Howell?  Going to be a great game in a great environment.  Two excellent head coaches!

I will take TCA at home. Someone asked the question last night and I couldn't answer. Say we all three finish 2-2 against each other and everyone splits their two games, who wins the tiebreaker? 

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I will take TCA at home. Someone asked the question last night and I couldn't answer. Say we all three finish 2-2 against each other and everyone splits their two games, who wins the tiebreaker? 

Great question.  I’m not for sure but it could come down to point spread or/and overall record.  I know if two teams tied and split their games the tie breaker is point spread when they played each other.  IF GC beats TCA and Peabody beats GC, I think it would probably go to GC because TCA only beat GC by one. I’m just speculating so if anyone knows the correct process please jump in.

5 minutes ago, Intense said:

Great question.  I’m not for sure but it could come down to point spread or/and overall record.  I know if two teams tied and split their games the tie breaker is point spread when they played each other.  IF GC beats TCA and Peabody beats GC, I think it would probably go to GC because TCA only beat GC by one. I’m just speculating so if anyone knows the correct process please jump in.

I thought that was what it was a few years back a point spread type deal. I asked another person and they said TSSAA leaves it up to district to decide tiebreakers. Reason I asked is because we all have 1 loss now and we have all beat each other. I wished someone in the know would chime in. I would just like to know.

22 hours ago, Intense said:

Dang! Got called out! lol. This may come by a surprise to some of y’all but I’m taking PEABODY in a close one! Hahahahaha! Peabody played well at TCA last yr and won there, I think it’s a tough match up player to player for TCA and I think the pressure of Peabody wears down TCA again! Both good teams and will be a good game!  I just hope the refs don’t dictate the game and let the players decide it. A lot of foul trouble last time these 2 teams played, nobody wants to see #’s. 7,8+9 play the majority of the game! Btw Peabody is 17-7 and 8-1 in district and winners of their last 8 outa 10 with only losses to greenfield and GC during that stretch, including a win over TCA! I could prob find out the tie breaker rules today if y’all want me to? 

16 minutes ago, BABABA said:

Dang! Got called out! lol. This may come by a surprise to some of y’all but I’m taking PEABODY in a close one! Hahahahaha! Peabody played well at TCA last yr and won there, I think it’s a tough match up player to player for TCA and I think the pressure of Peabody wears down TCA again! Both good teams and will be a good game!  I just hope the refs don’t dictate the game and let the players decide it. A lot of foul trouble last time these 2 teams played, nobody wants to see #’s. 7,8+9 play the majority of the game! Btw Peabody is 17-7 and 8-1 in district and winners of their last 8 outa 10 with only losses to greenfield and GC during that stretch, including a win over TCA! I could prob find out the tie breaker rules today if y’all want me to? 

Find out the tie breaker. A poster above said the point spread he thought was the two game tiebreaker. What about the three team?

I ran into the TCA coach yesterday and he told me the following:

First tie breaker is head to head. Second tie breaker is you go down the seedings  and compare records against those teams. A win against a higher seed breaks the tie. Third tie breaker is point differential capped at 10. Last one is coin flip. If it is a 3 way tie, you must break that first before you go to two way. 

It really could come all the way down to a coin flip. 

1 hour ago, BABABA said:

Nobody called you out! Ha. I just invited you to the party! Lol

We handled Crockett Co’s Pressure pretty well and they are a better team than Peabody.  Crockett beat us on a last second shot at their place and the other two losses against Crockett were relatively close.  We have more depth now.  I think you will be surprised Friday night.  It won’t be an easy game and ur girls have to attack the pressure or the results won’t be good.  Hope to see you at the game BabbaLou!

1 hour ago, Intense said:

I ran into the TCA coach yesterday and he told me the following:

First tie breaker is head to head. Second tie breaker is you go down the seedings  and compare records against those teams. A win against a higher seed breaks the tie. Third tie breaker is point differential capped at 10. Last one is coin flip. If it is a 3 way tie, you must break that first before you go to two way. 

It really could come all the way down to a coin flip. 

Capped at 10? So a 12 point victory is considered a 10 point victory?