AAA Miss B-ball Madison Hayes vs Jada Guinn - tonight!

WillieTheWildcats

I am extremely biased so I'll say that from the beginning and I mean no disrespect to Madison at all. She is a fine talent but...having watched last night's game and the two battle. Jada Guinn is more the complete player in my opinion.  She involves her teammates more as demonstrated by her triple double. 34 points, 11 assists and 11 rebounds. Madison was a good shot blocker and scored the bulk of their points but she took far more shots than Jada. I believe Jada is surrounded by more scorers than Hayes and that might account for her having to shoot more but in that battle last night; the clear better player was Jada Guinn. 

41 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Yea... Jada may have had the better game last night, but there’s a reason Madison has 20+ high major offers.... don’t fool yourself....

Trust me DCCATVOICE does not fool around when it comes to Oak Ridge Athletics and there is no " Jada may have had the better game." Jada played a better game.

Now, I like to watch Madison play when East Ham plays north of the river and she has the potential to be very special. If you believe Madison has a better upside in college than Jada, you could very well be correct. But this is a Miss Tennessee Class AAA award we are talking about. Jada epitomizes what a High School Miss Basketball player should be.

34 points...Jada can flat out fill the basket up.

11 assists....Jada also gets her teammates involved in playing at a high level which is why Oak Ridge is on a 23 or 24 game win streak. 

11 rebounds...Jada is 5'9" but her heart is 6'3". She simply out works the other team on the boards. 

2 steals...Jada must have seen the Oak Ridge Police in the Wildcat Arena last night to only steal twice. She typically robs the ball more often.

...Jada can score, get teammates involved, plays with determination on the boards and is #2 on the Oak Ridge Lady Wildcat scoring list. This means she has passed several Oak Ridge Miss Basketball winners, players who have won 3 State Championships, 6 State Runner-ups, a player who was the NCAA Player of the year / Olympic Champion / and cofounder of the WNBA. Oak Ridge fans know what a special High School player looks like.

With all this said, I wish all the Miss Basketball hopefuls the best. They are all special and have a great College education and sports career ahead of them.

27 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Jada is a very good player and is deserving of being a Miss Basketball finalist... she’s had a great season and career at Oak Ridge.

Thank you for the kind words about Jada. I would hate to try and nominate only three players. Tennessee high school basketball is loaded with special talent in every class.

Best of luck to Gibson County this tournament season.

18 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Thank you for the kind words about Jada. I would hate to try and nominate only three players. Tennessee high school basketball is loaded with special talent in every class.

Best of luck to Gibson County this tournament season.

It’s almost impossible to narrow it down to 3 finalist with the talent throughout the state... Several really good players who could make a case as to why they should be up for the award.

Good luck to you all in the tournaments as well!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:40 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Trust me DCCATVOICE does not fool around when it comes to Oak Ridge Athletics and there is no " Jada may have had the better game." Jada played a better game.

Now, I like to watch Madison play when East Ham plays north of the river and she has the potential to be very special. If you believe Madison has a better upside in college than Jada, you could very well be correct. But this is a Miss Tennessee Class AAA award we are talking about. Jada epitomizes what a High School Miss Basketball player should be.

11 assists....Jada also gets her teammates involved in playing at a high level which is why Oak Ridge is on a 23 or 24 game win streak. 

11 rebounds...Jada is 5'9" but her heart is 6'3". She simply out works the other team on the boards. 

2 steals...Jada must have seen the Oak Ridge Police in the Wildcat Arena last night to only steal twice. She typically robs the ball more often.

...Jada can score, get teammates involved, plays with determination on the boards and is #2 on the Oak Ridge Lady Wildcat scoring list. This means she has passed several Oak Ridge Miss Basketball winners, players who have won 3 State Championships, 6 State Runner-ups, a player who was the NCAA Player of the year / Olympic Champion / and cofounder of the WNBA. Oak Ridge fans know what a special High School player looks like.

With all this said, I wish all the Miss Basketball hopefuls the best. They are all special and have a great College education and sports career ahead of them.

Great post as usual Willie! Jada has certainly surpassed some of the better players in state history for Oak Ridge!

On 2/9/2019 at 1:40 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

IMO The best AAA player in the State got snubbed and I’m not alone in my thinking. She leads the state in most every major category.