How do a 4th place team get POY & COY?

Tez2319

13 minutes ago, BullShark said:

Booing a kid is unnecessary and classless.  There is no excuse for booing a kid when their name is called for an award and  all eyes are on them. The kids don't vote on the awards the coaches do and there are obviously issues between several of the coaches which unfortunately will lead to skewed votes and perhaps good players, not the best, winning awards.  But booing a kid is INEXCUSABLE!!!

So cheating a kid is necessary huh? 

36 minutes ago, Tez2319 said:

So cheating a kid is necessary huh? 

Where in my post did I say cheating a kid  was necessary?  Your coaches all hate each other and refuse to vote for another team's best player or their arch nemesis to win COY.  The Lexington coach was a Miss Basketball finalist when she played and did not win POY if I am not mistaken.  She fared just fine in her career at Ole Miss!  The result is..... a good player, not the best, ends up with the most votes for POY.  It is a team sport anyway.  Individual awards mean nothing and will mean nothing to any non-winning players recruitment to colleges.  Focus on the Region tournament and put this horse manure behind you!

33 minutes ago, BullShark said:

Where in my post did I say cheating a kid  was necessary?  Your coaches all hate each other and refuse to vote for another team's best player or their arch nemesis to win COY.  The Lexington coach was a Miss Basketball finalist when she played and did not win POY if I am not mistaken.  She fared just fine in her career at Ole Miss!  The result is..... a good player, not the best, ends up with the most votes for POY.  It is a team sport anyway.  Individual awards mean nothing and will mean nothing to any non-winning players recruitment to colleges.  Focus on the Region tournament and put this horse manure behind you!

I didn’t say you said anything! I was asking you a question! Yea she did do well at Ole Miss! She is the best player by far! Only player that should have gotten it is McNairy’s Warren! No other player is close in 14AA! 3rd best is South Side’s Transou! Have you heard of the buddy buddy system? So I disagree with your little statement “ a good player not the best!” It was a no brainer, but we are on to bigger & better things! We all know it is a team sport! Individual awards is definitely a plus, and will help the team overall achievements! We are focused on the regional tournament! One game at a time! Who do you cheer for by the way @BullShark

11 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Bradley Central’s Jason Reuter has coached 9 seasons and has 9 District Championships in 5AAA. He has never won COY. 

People are so jealous & petty... it’s really sad. 

Reuter's team were preseason picked to win the district each of those 9 years, so he's not really done anything other than expected.  I'm not saying he didn't possibly deserve it a time or two in those 9 years, but the award is usually given to coaches whose teams overachieved expectations.

8 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Reuter's team were preseason picked to win the district each of those 9 years, so he's not really done anything other than expected.  I'm not saying he didn't possibly deserve it a time or two in those 9 years, but the award is usually given to coaches whose teams overachieved expectations.

I think Gary Ownby said on the radio last night that Bradley won District only 1 time in the 9 years before Reuter took over. I haven’t checked that out, but he didn’t inherit a dynasty...

Has he had better players most every year? Yes he has, but so did Pat Summit & no one said that she didn’t deserve SEC coach of the year. 

Walker Valley has had some really good teams the last 9 years & East Hamilton is a top 10 team the last 2 years as well. 

I honestly don’t care (& pretty sure Jason doesn’t either), but it is a little ridiculous at how jealous other coaches are of him.

Edited by FootballFan51

9 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Are you sure they were the first 1-2 years or are you just speculating? I have no doubt they were the last 7 or so. 

11 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

I think Gary Ownby said on the radio last night that Bradley won District only 1 time in the 9 years before Reuter took over. I haven’t checked that out, but he didn’t inherit a dynasty...

Has he had better players most every year? Yes he has, but so did Pat Summit & no one said that she didn’t deserve SEC coach of the year. 

Walker Valley has had some really good teams the last 9 years & East Hamilton is a top 10 team the last 2 years as well. 

I honestly don’t care (& pretty sure Jason doesn’t either), but it is a little ridiculous at how jealous other coaches are of him.

Jealously should not be apart of the voting process! It should be off of the teams success & not what the 4-8 coaches that you beat up on votes or think! I think the system needs fixing! Just like if this one team has a player that hits 40 on a every game, I will not vote her MVP of the district is ridiculous! Stats should matter on the POY in the district! 

Edited by Tez2319

1 hour ago, FootballFan51 said:

Are you sure they were the first 1-2 years or are you just speculating? I have no doubt they were the last 7 or so. 

1 hour ago, FootballFan51 said:

I don't think anyone said Reuter inherited a dynasty, but he did inherit a solid program with lots of tradition. Bradley won 4 district titles in the 9 years prior to Reuter's arrival. In those 9 years Powell had some good teams at Cleveland, and Tucker had a couple of good teams at Walker Valley. 
As far as the last 9 years, none of the other district teams made it to the state tournament, and only two of them played in a substate game. Face it, the district is generally average at best.  None of the other programs in this district have taken basketball as serious, nor have they invested the money and time that Bradley has; other than Cleveland has when they hired Tony.
A coach shouldn't care about getting district COY awards. If other coaches are jealous of him, he should consider than honor enough.

Edited by blitzinbuc