Southside vs Westview Rd 2

biggz1517

19 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I got South Side in a close one. We played Westview twice and South Side. Just don't think Westview has the half court offense they have been having. I think both teams will struggle scoring in the half court. Difference in the game, IMO is South Side's depth will cause more TO's and they will score more in the transition.

Keep us posted on one of the biggest games across the state of Tennessee tonight! Our boys play South Gibson tonight, so I can’t attend. 

4 hours ago, fan4sure said:

always the coaches fault!!!!

When the game is tied and you have a timeout left, don't you think you should call a timeout? 18 seconds is on the clock and you have a chance to win but instead of settling down and running a play the coach chooses to keep up tempo. Huntingdon turned it over and Summertown came down and shot game winning free throws. 

Here's my take and I don't want to offend many, but I probably will. I hope the Miller girl will be ok and I hated to see her go down and if she stays in..... SS probably wins. With that being said and I don't usually get in to all of this, but that was by far the worst officiated game I've witnessed in years. Even though Westview won that game, they were playing 8 tonight for 4 quarters.  25 or 26 fouls? to 7 fouls. 24 free throw attempts to 6 or 7 free throw attempts. SS is a great team, but in the bathroom at halftime I even talked with some SS fans and they were complaining that they weren't ahead with the "help" they got in the first half. If the officials don't keep SS in that game, WV would've won by at least 15. If the tournament administrators turn that film in to TSSAA, that crew wouldn't call another Region championship in 7AA. I think SS will beat Covington and Tresou (#2) almost beat WV by herself tonight. She is a player and if she wanted to score more, we'd recognize her name as well as we do Miller's. Congrats to WV on another tourney win. Your team seems to get better every year and that defense is stifling.  2 great teams and bad officiating. I don't even complain against officials in our losses and I tend to defend them, but not tonight. Absoulutely horrendous. Ok, I'm off my rant now. Good luck to both WV and SS going forward.

Edited by SuperFan14A
  • Like 1