Macon vs. Meigs

tssaafan

21 minutes ago, CG43 said:

A kid that comes back from an ACL injury several weeks early even when she is not 100% is a kid that wants to play and does not give up. She was the district MVP as a sophomore last year and came off the bench for several games this season before she got her legs back under her from her surgery. Even with playing limited minutes for a big part of the year she ended up being the leading scorer, All-district, All-Region, and one of the best defenders they have.  That same girl scored 32 last year in the sub-state against Akira Levy and Upperman in the last game of the year after two of the seniors starters quit the team before the game. That same kid helped lead a comeback and force overtime with 19 second half points and several steals against McMinn Central in the region championship game when the team was getting hammered at halftime. 

I don't think any of the Meigs' girls could be considered quitters, but Kassidy Kenny is definitely not one. 

Okay, it seems you did take it personal, as I said I do not know the situation, but it seemed like everyone was blaming the coach for sitting the girl. I was just simply saying that that Meigs DID NOT give up and played Macon even in the last quarter and there might be some other reason for the sitting than just the coach giving up. Your comments says to me that the girl was coming off of an ACL, so that would explain why he might sit her in a game that was getting out of hand. No reason to take a chance on a weak ACL and maybe ruin her for next year.  Again, I was neither calling Meigs or the girl or the coach a quitter, just trying to give some other reasons to the people who could not figure out why there coach had done this.

18 hours ago, twistedsister said:

Good post leave the coach alone please. 3 years in a row a trip to state. Im pretty sure no coach in macon has done this in any sport. He's got to b doing something right.

3 trips because he had talent lol. Don't forget that the previous coach at MC could have had a couple of state championships as well. MC is on a run of talent, and coaches can ride that out. Basically just don't get in the way. But of course if you ask him, he really is a legend tho...smh

The only reason Larry unretired was because he knew the team was going to be good for a few years. Don't think for a sec he would have if they were only average haha. So he looks good, but it's the girls that have played well enough to get there.