Cloudland Lady Landers 2019-20

foreveranole

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:31 AM, allsportsmatter said:

dont see anyone able to compete with them in this area do you

There's only one problem with that mindset.  I've paid the price for it many times.  There are teams on the schedule who can and will compete with them.  Cland is very talented but we don't want to overhype them.  Unaka has arguably one of the best coaches in the state.  NG is also very well coached and they always game plan well for us.  Hampton is traditionally a strong team.  If we don't play to our potential every game,  we can be beat.  Its basketball and the results are not as concrete as football.  I forgot to mention ole deputydog who coaches the JC longhorns.  I'm on a first name basis with most of the head coaches in this area.  It would be wise to respect all the teams on the schedule.  There is a lot of basketball knowledge out there and basketball in this area is much stronger than football.  With that said,  I do feel like we've got a good shot to make the state tournament for the first time since 2013.  I don't think we can win the gold ball this year.  There's some tremendous basketball talent in the state tournament.  With the incoming freshman class next year,  cland will have a serious shot at winning a state championship. 

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

There's only one problem with that mindset.  I've paid the price for it many times.  There are teams on the schedule who can and will compete with them.  Cland is very talented but we don't want to overhype them.  Unaka has arguably one of the best coaches in the state.  NG is also very well coached and they always game plan well for us.  Hampton is traditionally a strong team.  If we don't play to our potential every game,  we can be beat.  Its basketball and the results are not as concrete as football.  I forgot to mention ole deputydog who coaches the JC longhorns.  I'm on a first name basis with most of the head coaches in this area.  It would be wise to respect all the teams on the schedule.  There is a lot of basketball knowledge out there and basketball in this area is much stronger than football.  With that said,  I do feel like we've got a good shot to make the state tournament for the first time since 2013.  I don't think we can win the gold ball this year.  There's some tremendous basketball talent in the state tournament.  With the incoming freshman class next year,  cland will have a serious shot at winning a state championship. 

Meigs scrimmages Unaka today, I saw them last week and they looked to be down this year.

6 hours ago, THE KING said:

Yes Unaka is down this year, if you guys have a legit team you should have no problem with them.

On 11/16/2019 at 1:13 PM, Dadof2 said:

Yes Unaka is down this year, if you guys have a legit team you should have no problem with them.

Unaka lost a lot of key talent. they are very young and will be starting some freshman.  I don't see them being in the conference race at all. I do think Cloudland is going to be the front runner North Greene not too far behind in second.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:05 AM, THE KING said:

what incoming freshmen do we have that will start or play major minutes next year