Scrimmage today Alcoa vs Loudon

32hammer

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Sounds like Greenback may have their hands full with Loudon this year. I'm glad the Loudon coach came back from West High, he has done a pretty good job down there in the past and bringing his kids to Alcoa for a scrimmage will only help them get better.

2 hours ago, tnredskin said:

Oh ok. Any idea how it went?

I think Loudon looks improved over last year. Especially from a coaching perspective.  21 is a game changer, against most teams he can score on any given play.  Loudon did a good job getting their big 18 involved.

Alcoa was experimenting with a few things, and it was a situational combined practice more than a  true scrimmage.  But Alcoa looked good.

Alcoa O line dominated, huge holes. 12 and 4 caught long TDs. 25 and 28 broke free several times, but since it was situational once they broke past the safeties , the whistle blew. 34 for Alcoa and 21 for loudon did the same thing once if memory serves.

21for Loudon also got a pick and returned it deep.

Overall impression , for Alcoa 28, 25, 34, 2  looked good running the ball.  O-line was working on some stuff at center early but other than that, HUGE holes with 68 and 76 standing out. 

On defense 58 had a great game, 64 is looking like he will be a problem for teams on that side of the line, young 63 showed some flashes, Dbs looked good.

for Loudon , Again looked like they were better coached  than the last time I saw them.  21 was impressive, 18 will be a match up problem for teams and Loudon coaches did a good job getting the ball to him.

The scrimmage will make both teams better and really appreciate loudon agreeing to it.  Lots of other closer, bigger schools did not.  

2 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I think Loudon looks improved over last year. Especially from a coaching perspective.  21 is a game changer, against most teams he can score on any given play.  Loudon did a good job getting their big 18 involved.

Alcoa was experimenting with a few things, and it was a situational combined practice more than a  true scrimmage.  But Alcoa looked good.

Alcoa O line dominated, huge holes. 12 and 4 caught long TDs. 25 and 28 broke free several times, but since it was situational once they broke past the safeties , the whistle blew. 34 for Alcoa and 21 for loudon did the same thing once if memory serves.

21for Loudon also got a pick and returned it deep.

Overall impression , for Alcoa 28, 25, 34, 2  looked good running the ball.  O-line was working on some stuff at center early but other than that, HUGE holes with 68 and 76 standing out. 

On defense 58 had a great game, 64 is looking like he will be a problem for teams on that side of the line, young 63 showed some flashes, Dbs looked good.

for Loudon , Again looked like they were better coached  than the last time I saw them.  21 was impressive, 18 will be a match up problem for teams and Loudon coaches did a good job getting the ball to him.

The scrimmage will make both teams better and really appreciate loudon agreeing to it.  Lots of other closer, bigger schools did not.  

scrimmage will make both teams better and really appreciate loudon agreeing to it.  Lots of other closer, bigger schools did not.  

LOL!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

scrimmage will make both teams better and really appreciate loudon agreeing to it.  Lots of other closer, bigger schools did not.  

LOL!

I think Loudon, if they have no significant injuries , will be improved this year and win a few more games.

10 hours ago, 32hammer said:

They'll get back pretty quick brother. Agree about Loudon 21  being a playmaker and 18 Will be a match up problem for alot of teams.

Thought 25, 68, 58, 28, 2,  looked good for Alcoa. 12 and 4 showed they have elite big playtalent.

63 and 34 flashed, and 67 did some good work at NT. Alcoa played alot of guys in there non traditional positions to get some different looks.

Yes! #15, #25, #34 & #2 in the backfield will be unreal! Power & Speed! #12 , #4 , #20 will be big stretching the field.  Plenty of talent at QB should make that position solid!

Defense will be head hunters! #64 looked fast playing on the d side of the line!

I think Alcoa has ALL the pieces in place to go 15-0!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yes! #15, #25, #34 & #2 in the backfield will be unreal! Power & Speed! #12 , #4 , #20 will be big stretching the field.  Plenty of talent at QB should make that position solid!

Defense will be head hunters! #64 looked fast playing on the d side of the line!

I think Alcoa has ALL the pieces in place to go 15-0!

I agree my friend. Don't forget 28, maybe the most quick- acceleration RB Alcoa's had in a while.

7 and 23 will get some work in the backfield as well as starting at LBs.

98 was All state as sophomore and will only get better. 

Excited for 2019!

30 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I agree my friend. Don't forget 28, maybe the most quick- acceleration RB Alcoa's had in a while.

7 and 23 will get some work in the backfield as well as starting at LBs.

98 was All state as sophomore and will only get better. 

Excited for 2019!

Fact!

I was on my way to see this yesterday and someone called while I was driving there and invited me to a big hamburger cookout so a hungry gizzard changed my plans. As hungry as I was for some football I figured Hammer and BC would fill me in on everything. Do you all have any more scrimmages or does that end spring practice. 

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I was on my way to see this yesterday and someone called while I was driving there and invited me to a big hamburger cookout so a hungry gizzard changed my plans. As hungry as I was for some football I figured Hammer and BC would fill me in on everything. Do you all have any more scrimmages or does that end spring practice. 

I think that was it......was talk about a team scrimmage, but that was before the Loudon game can about. 

Most of the event was positional work outs. Linemen on linemen, etc.

Maybe three series each one on ones.

Alcoa had several out for track and baseball ,plus some recovering from injuries and surgeries. 

Burgers was a good choice!!:hungry: