2A REGION 5

17 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Im wondering which Summertown OC will show up. Is it going to be 3 yards and a cloud of dust or will it be letting Shaffer throw it all over the place? I think SHS is far better letting him throw it and move the pocket to do so. You see vs Richland, they went close to the vest with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Turnovers and penalties really hurt them that night. The week prior, Shaffer was tossing it everywhere. Was a much better performance. 

Is this the same Shaffer family as the world famous Texas BBQ?

Season Update Region 5-2A  (or as it's affectionately known to the east posters as the weakest region in 2A) :roflol:

Below are the current standings.  No seedings have been locked up yet. Big Region games remaining:

Lewis Co @ Forrest on November 1

Summertown @ Eagleville on October 18

Loretto @ Eagleville on  November 1

Team, Record, Region, Remaining games 

1. Forrest                   7-0, 3-0  Community, Lewis Co

2. Summertown        5-2, 2-1  @ Eagleville, Community

3. Lewis Co                5-1, 2-1  Loretto, @ Forrest

4. Eagleville               5-2, 1-2  Summertown, Loretto

5. Loretto                 3-3, 1-2    @ Lewis Co, @ Eagleville

6. Community           1-6, 0-3  @ Forrest,  @ Summertown

Region currently has 4 of the top 20 teams in Sonnie Moore's Power Rankings. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Salem said:

Season Update Region 5-2A  (or as it's affectionately known to the east posters as the weakest region in 2A) :roflol:

Below are the current standings.  No seedings have been locked up yet. Big Region games remaining:

Lewis Co @ Forrest on November 1

Summertown @ Eagleville on October 18

Loretto @ Eagleville on  November 1

Team, Record, Region, Remaining games 

1. Forrest                   7-0, 3-0  Community, Lewis Co

2. Summertown        5-2, 2-1  @ Eagleville, Community

3. Lewis Co                5-1, 2-1  Loretto, @ Forrest

4. Eagleville               5-2, 1-2  Summertown, Loretto

5. Loretto                 3-3, 1-2    @ Lewis Co, @ Eagleville

6. Community           1-6, 0-3  @ Forrest,  @ Summertown

Region currently has 4 of the top 20 teams in Sonnie Moore's Power Rankings. 

I don't see any way for Eagleville to get to 2nd, so we're on the road somewhere Nov. 8, but we gotta win out. And neither of those will be easy, but I feel like Summertown will be the hardest. But then again it took 3 OT's for them to beat Loretto. So who the heck knows. :-) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Could Forrest still win the region even if they lose to LC?

Forrest wins the region with a loss to LC if Summertown wins out too creating a 3 way tie. If Summertown loses again and LC and Forrest tie with 4-1 region records LC would win since it’s a tie (2way) and they won head to head. 

i think we should call R5-2A the worst region in the history of planet earth. 

if we play meigs we should just go ahead and surrender. we can even have each student athlete wave his or her individual white flag. 

if we play peabody, lets commit a jim jones koolaid scenerio, fans and athletes on the field, but with cough syrup so we are just loopy fo r3 hours or so, to numb the pain of inferiority. 

if we play trousdale, we should offer our concession workers as slave labor for the next 7 Red Moons, and and then run away screaming like a child who has just lit a firecracker. 

just some thoughts.   

1 hour ago, EHSEagles said:

I don't see any way for Eagleville to get to 2nd, so we're on the road somewhere Nov. 8, but we gotta win out. And neither of those will be easy, but I feel like Summertown will be the hardest. But then again it took 3 OT's for them to beat Loretto. So who the heck knows. :-) 

If Eagleville wins out and Forrest beats Lewis Co then there will be a 3 way tie for 2nd at 3-2. One of the tie breakers is overall wins. Lewis Co only plays 9 games so that hurts them. Only playoff definite now is Forrest is in and Community is out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

i think we should call R5-2A the worst region in the history of planet earth. 

if we play meigs we should just go ahead and surrender. we can even have each student athlete wave his or her individual white flag. 

if we play peabody, lets commit a jim jones koolaid scenerio, fans and athletes on the field, but with cough syrup so we are just loopy fo r3 hours or so, to numb the pain of inferiority. 

if we play trousdale, we should offer our concession workers as slave labor for the next 7 Red Moons, and and then run away screaming like a child who has just lit a firecracker. 

just some thoughts.   

Y’all don’t want any part of Peabody or Meigs. Y’all are good but in my opinion Peabody and Meigs will meet in Cookeville. I have seen both of them live and they are very good. I’m going to watch Meigs play again this Friday it should be a great game. It is what it is General.

• Like 1