Class 2A Region 1

Southtowner

Class 2A Region 1  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Top Region Team in 2019

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/17/2019 at 11:00 PM

8 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I've been thinking and if KING has to support a school that Cland has been combined with, it definitely has to be called the BULLDOGS! Maybe navy blue and Carolina blue unis??!!! 

He'd look so good sporting those colors with DOGS printed Everywhere...He's always been a closet DOG anyways 

Lol.  I'm fan of yours and many of the bulldog people but a bulldog I will never be.  My twins have expressed the desire to be cyclones but their mom is the main boss.  It will be her final say.  So, it won't be the end of the world if King has to put on Carolina blue and fire the cannon.  :roflol:

I just don't have the same level of hatred toward rival schools that I used to.  The rivalry in the 90's was so fierce and real.  We just don't have that level of competitiveness anymore.  With Hampton and Cland,  you basically had the same boys and fans.  The only difference was the name on the jersey.  When you get a bunch of rough country boys on the field competing against one another, its gonna be a blood bath.  The 4 ot game in 95 and the heavyweight slugfest of 96 come to mind.  I really don't see how either team could suit up and play the following week.  I have the 94 game on VHS.  I would love for you posters to see that.  The hitting and physicality of that game would scare the players today.  You could hear the helmet to helmet hits from up in the stands. 

30 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I just don't have the same level of hatred toward rival schools that I used to.  The rivalry in the 90's was so fierce and real.  We just don't have that level of competitiveness anymore.  With Hampton and Cland,  you basically had the same boys and fans.  The only difference was the name on the jersey.  When you get a bunch of rough country boys on the field competing against one another, its gonna be a blood bath.  The 4 ot game in 95 and the heavyweight slugfest of 96 come to mind.  I really don't see how either team could suit up and play the following week.  I have the 94 game on VHS.  I would love for you posters to see that.  The hitting and physicality of that game would scare the players today.  You could hear the helmet to helmet hits from up in the stands. 

They make programs and converters where you could make it digital. Lots of old stuff like that will be lost forever if it's not converted and posted etc. Some of them are relatively cheap if you know what your looking for and have a PC or laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QFVNSYJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uGauDb79FBWEY

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Not having a hatred for the rival schools just comes from growing up and maturity,and figuring out you're more than likely going to have to work with, go to church with some of these people,or in my case it's just where my wife and kids go to school,every time I don the bulldog blue my wife says I never thought I'd ever see that.i think consolidated the two shouldn't be too hard,I saw that during  jr high basketball tournament both communities pulled for eachother,I kinda got teary eyed the way they all came together

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

They make programs and converters where you could make it digital. Lots of old stuff like that will be lost forever if it's not converted and posted etc. Some of them are relatively cheap if you know what your looking for and have a PC or laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QFVNSYJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uGauDb79FBWEY

Thank you.  I just bought it.  Can it be burned from the laptop to dvd? 

3 hours ago, IMDog said:

Not having a hatred for the rival schools just comes from growing up and maturity,and figuring out you're more than likely going to have to work with, go to church with some of these people,or in my case it's just where my wife and kids go to school,every time I don the bulldog blue my wife says I never thought I'd ever see that.i think consolidated the two shouldn't be too hard,I saw that during  jr high basketball tournament both communities pulled for eachother,I kinda got teary eyed the way they all came together

We used to sit with Hampton players in the dressing room before we'd scrimmage.  I think we'd have went to war with anyone who tried to put us on the same team.  The battles against each other are what we lived for as young people. 

18 minutes ago, THE KING said:

You may have to buy a program to change the digital format to mpeg-2 format. I would suggest nero burning software if you have to go that route. If that's the case let me know and I'll do a little more research for you.

37 minutes ago, THE KING said:

It depends on your laptop. Windows 10 normally has software built into the OS that will burn a dvd for you, but with few options. I'd try out the item you ordered first and see if it will just let you burn it with what programs you may already own.

25 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It depends on your laptop. Windows 10 normally has software built into the OS that will burn a dvd for you, but with few options. I'd try out the item you ordered first and see if it will just let you burn it with what programs you may already own.

Heck KING thinks software has Fruit of the Loom written on them!

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I have a couple of Dell's.  One of them has windows 7.  I've done most of my cd burns on it.  I'll be interested to see how it works.  The other laptop has windows 10 but it don't have any media players on it

On 8/11/2019 at 7:44 AM, THE KING said:

Lol.  I'm fan of yours and many of the bulldog people but a bulldog I will never be.  My twins have expressed the desire to be cyclones but their mom is the main boss.  It will be her final say.  So, it won't be the end of the world if King has to put on Carolina blue and fire the cannon.  :roflol:

Goodness, not another county cyclone! Much less two more county clones! They'll never admit it, but much of their success in sports has been due to county transfers (Players AND Coaches).

I don't blame anyone for moving their kid, especially when the 'offer' is there and they have a good chance to play on a bigger stage....I couldn't and didn't just because there's nothing that compares to the atmosphere of these small school programs....Thankful my boys feel the same way.