Mcewen Vs Waverly Battle of Highway 70

Orangecountry

4 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Waverly by 21

I dont hate to say I told you so @vandyfan1 your Waverly Central Tigers are who I said they where hard nose physical team that would take time to gel but when they came together watch out !!!!!  I seen alot of hard hitting linemen last year that was very young and I am old and old school defense wins championships and trench warfare is key !!! Imo throw out Wavos first 2 games, chalk em up to growing pains so to speak !!! The Tigers are now in my top 10 and a team to watch !!! This game I will go Waverly 42 Mcewen 14

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I dont hate to say I told you so @vandyfan1 your Waverly Central Tigers are who I said they where hard nose physical team that would take time to gel but when they came together watch out !!!!!  I seen alot of hard hitting linemen last year that was very young and I am old and old school defense wins championships and trench warfare is key !!! Imo throw out Wavos first 2 games, chalk em up to growing pains so to speak !!! The Tigers are now in my top 10 and a team to watch !!! This game I will go Waverly 42 Mcewen 14

Sounds about right Pride

The only team Waverly has played this year with a pulse is Huntington and Waverly couldn’t get the ball across the 50 in the first half. Mcewen  has played Houston Co that’s still hasn’t lost and Dover that has 1 two point loss. Both games Mcewen should have Won. McEwen actually showed a pulse against Huntington. Waverly very well might win but it won’t be like playing Scott’s Hill. Mcewen will be the more physical team. 

Edited by Orangecountry

6 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Waverly wins big. They are picking It up and getting better each week. Starting to find their identity and that's exactly what they had to do to continue their success 

It’s easy to say Waverly has figured things out playing weak teams. That would be like Mcewen bragging about putting 69 on Perry Co. 

42 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

The only team Waverly has played this year with a pulse is Huntington and Waverly couldn’t get the ball across the 50 in the first half. Mcewen  has played Houston Co that’s still hasn’t lost and Dover that has 1 two point loss. Both games Mcewen should have Won. McEwen actually showed a pulse against Huntington. Waverly very well might win but it won’t be like playing Scott’s Hill. Mcewen will be the more physical team. 

Lol... Houston County “hasn't’ played anyone with a pulse” including McEwen! Lol... McEwen doesn’t have anyone that would make Waverly’s 2 deep. Expect that great freshman class you talked about in a previous post to get on the field! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JumboTron said:

Lol... Houston County “hasn't’ played anyone with a pulse” including McEwen! Lol... McEwen doesn’t have anyone that would make Waverly’s 2 deep. Expect that great freshman class you talked about in a previous post to get on the field! 

Mcewen is better at every skill position. Waverly has a underachieving senior line that couldn’t even get past the 50 against Huntington and beating their chest after beating Scott’s Hill that Houston co blew out. Mcewen will beat Waverly just like their JR pro did in all 3 age groups. 

13 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

Mcewen is better at every skill position. Waverly has a underachieving senior line that couldn’t even get past the 50 against Huntington and beating their chest after beating Scott’s Hill that Houston co blew out. Mcewen will beat Waverly just like their JR pro did in all 3 age groups. 

Come on Chris! You don’t believe any of that! Lol

Edited by JumboTron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Orangecountry said:

It’s easy to say Waverly has figured things out playing weak teams. That would be like Mcewen bragging about putting 69 on Perry Co. 

Guess we will see friday. Still say Waverly wins by 14. Plus i take r coachin staff over y'alls any day.  In the end y'alls coaches will cost y'all the game like always .Plus y'alls first team did the same against hunington first team as Waverly score 1 td y'alls 2nd td  was on the of team. Come on man . 

Edited by Wavo2004