Mcewen Vs Waverly Battle of Highway 70

Orangecountry

59 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

It’s easy to say Waverly has figured things out playing weak teams. That would be like Mcewen bragging about putting 69 on Perry Co. 

Man, its still McEwen.  I mean really.  McEwen.  You are smoking some of McEwen's local harvest if you think that they are better at every skill position.  This is NOT the same team that played Huntingdon.  They appear to have a completely different mindset and are playing decent football, which should be enough to handle a McEwen family reunion.  

1 hour ago, Orangecountry said:

It’s easy to say Waverly has figured things out playing weak teams. That would be like Mcewen bragging about putting 69 on Perry Co. 

It's awfully easy to say anything you like before the game is played, like McEwen is better than Waverly at every skill position, or they have an underachieving senior line. Makes me think that y'all should blow the game open early and coast through the second half with a running clock... only I'm not dumb enough to believe it. 

I love to see fans support their teams, but to low rate Waverly's opponents in order to take jabs at them is hypocritical when coming from the fan of a team who has beaten nobody "with a pulse", or even managed a winning record in their own region for ten plus years.

Do it... then talk about it.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

It's awfully easy to say anything you like before the game is played, like McEwen is better than Waverly at every skill position, or they have an underachieving senior line. Makes me think that y'all should blow the game open early and coast through the second half with a running clock... only I'm not dumb enough to believe it. 

I love to see fans support their teams, but to low rate Waverly's opponents in order to take jabs at them is hypocritical when coming from the fan of a team who has beaten nobody "with a pulse", or even managed a winning record in their own region for ten plus years.

You had the internet long. It’s supposed to be a rivalry game. It’s all in fun. I know a lot of the Waverly boys. It’s not like the two towns are that far apart. Either team could win. 

1 minute ago, Orangecountry said:

You had the internet long. It’s supposed to be a rivalry game. It’s all in fun. I know a lot of the Waverly boys. It’s not like the two towns are that far apart. Either team could win. 

You been on the T' long? Smack talk is as common as grass in a pasture, but most folks have the class to keep it "between the lines". You brought in Scotts Hill, Perry County, and Houston County by name, and others by association. Feel free to go back and look at my posts about my team, and you'll see that I know exactly where we are right now, and how far we have to go to get back to where we want to be. I also have a lot of respect for both PC and HC's programs, and you jerked the fire alarm with your poor mouthing of all three.

23 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

This isn't a rivalry  game these teams haven't played in over 10 years in the reg season. And in the past 5 years when we played a spring game against y'all isn't wasn't even a game always blow outs.  You will see friday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orangecountry said:

Mcewen is better at every skill position. Waverly has a underachieving senior line that couldn’t even get past the 50 against Huntington and beating their chest after beating Scott’s Hill that Houston co blew out. Mcewen will beat Waverly just like their JR pro did in all 3 age groups. 

Makes me happy that you are gauging us on the Huntingdon game. We're not the same team that we were then and I'm not saying we would beat them now so don't turn that around. I've yet to see any mcewen film so I'm not gonna beat my chest yet but I can promise you that our under achieving line will be physical this week. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Orangecountry said:

The only team Waverly has played this year with a pulse is Huntington and Waverly couldn’t get the ball across the 50 in the first half. Mcewen  has played Houston Co that’s still hasn’t lost and Dover that has 1 two point loss. Both games Mcewen should have Won. McEwen actually showed a pulse against Huntington. Waverly very well might win but it won’t be like playing Scott’s Hill. Mcewen will be the more physical team. 

Sorry I’m late to the party fellas! What in the crap have you been smoking bud! Are you being serious with all these post? I was going to let you keep your money but dang! Your ignorance is going to make me collect!!!

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You been on the T' long? Smack talk is as common as grass in a pasture, but most folks have the class to keep it "between the lines". You brought in Scotts Hill, Perry County, and Houston County by name, and others by association. Feel free to go back and look at my posts about my team, and you'll see that I know exactly where we are right now, and how far we have to go to get back to where we want to be. I also have a lot of respect for both PC and HC's programs, and you jerked the fire alarm with your poor mouthing of all three.

And leave it to Trader to set the record straight. You can tell Trader he is a newbie!!!

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Word!!!

3 hours ago, MannBlue said:

Man, its still McEwen.  I mean really.  McEwen.  You are smoking some of McEwen's local harvest if you think that they are better at every skill position.  This is NOT the same team that played Huntingdon.  They appear to have a completely different mindset and are playing decent football, which should be enough to handle a McEwen family reunion.  

The coaching to the kids playing is totally different! I hope everyone looks at us like he is! They will be in for a rude awakening!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orangecountry said:

Mcewen is better at every skill position. Waverly has a underachieving senior line that couldn’t even get past the 50 against Huntington and beating their chest after beating Scott’s Hill that Houston co blew out. Mcewen will beat Waverly just like their JR pro did in all 3 age groups. 

Jr. pro? Put your big boy panties on! Wow the more I read the more shocked I get!