McMinn Central @ Tyner

OldCharger

1 hour ago, OldCharger said:

This scrimmage will be a test of Central's toughness. Quick turnaround from Friday and against a very fast and tough Tyner football team. 

My prediction...……..Tyner 4 Central 1

Could be closer than your 4-1 score. Tyner had a couple of players that got banged up (including the QB). You never know in a controlled scrimmage how it will play out. Coach Turner and Coach Davis know each other due to playing against each other so many years. I am looking for a very competitive game!!

35 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Could be closer than your 4-1 score. Tyner had a couple of players that got banged up (including the QB). You never know in a controlled scrimmage how it will play out. Coach Turner and Coach Davis know each other due to playing against each other so many years. I am looking for a very competitive game!!

Oh I hope it's competitive since y'all handled McMinn. But from all accounts they are supposed to be loaded this season. 

Should be a good test for the Chargers although, team speed will be a definite factor. This will be the most athletic team the Chargers have faced under Davis's command. It will be interesting how they match up. Tyner is a very tough team, and even though not as imposing as some past O/D Lines, they will be a challenge for Central up front. Bastiste will be a mismatch for most teams this season, so the que is can Central stop/slow down the running game, can they stay disciplined to stop the reverses, and counters?  I do not expect the Chargers to back down but I think they will be soberingly athletically overmatched. 

Edited by Prahs

46 minutes ago, BBG1 said:

My apologies. I was thinking etowah might have been taken to the woodshed with how quiet oldcharger was being, but them not playing yet makes more sense. 

lol I'll be here either way. I believe they will be humbled this scrimmage for sure though. 

And that isn't a bad thing. Huge shift going from playing Walker Valley to a power house like Tyner. 

Edited by OldCharger