Knoxville Central 2019

madhatter2269

i see no one is talking about the defending 2018 5A champs. oh well. scrimmage with CC last week was a beat down and maryville comes to town tonight, which for the past 2 years has helped us get ready for the season. anyone have any comments on the upcoming season, or is south doyle crowned the champ of the region/5A favs already? 

1 hour ago, madhatter2269 said:

i see no one is talking about the defending 2018 5A champs. oh well. scrimmage with CC last week was a beat down and maryville comes to town tonight, which for the past 2 years has helped us get ready for the season. anyone have any comments on the upcoming season, or is south doyle crowned the champ of the region/5A favs already? 

South Doyle should focus on scoring a point on Central this year before they worry about winning the region. 

1 hour ago, madhatter2269 said:

Hatter I just haven’t got around to starting a thread. Yes we looked good at CC last week but the true test is today. We’ve got a few kinks to work out and need to keep everyone healthy, IF we do it could be another special season. But that’s a big if and a lot of variables will go into this season. I’m open for questions if anyone has anything :thumb: Go Bobcats!

7 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Hatter I just haven’t got around to starting a thread. Yes we looked good at CC last week but the true test is today. We’ve got a few kinks to work out and need to keep everyone healthy, IF we do it could be another special season. But that’s a big if and a lot of variables will go into this season. I’m open for questions if anyone has anything :thumb: Go Bobcats!

Is Rollins still helping with the DL this year?

7 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

good to see you on here my friend! most are on the oak ridge or william Blount thread, for reasons unknown so this topic probably won’t gain much heat. 

Just now, madhatter2269 said:

he is.

That was a big time get for Central last year. As a former Greene Devils I played with Rollins older brother and also Craney filled my LB spot once i graduated.  Both great guys and both great coaches!  To be able to fight through Hodgkin's lymphoma as a freshman starter and wait until after the season to start treatment tells you the toughness Rollins has at a very young age. He also ended up being prepxtras Defensive player of the year and Mr. Football winner his Senior year before going on to Tn Tech and starting for them.