Covington picked to win Region 7-3A - Commerical Appeal

CHARGERFAN

1 hour ago, ChargerFan7465 said:

If Covington wins the region it will be because of the defense, the offense has been a little to inconsistent in my opinion. The offense has alot to clean up, but I see them improving with every game. 

I agree that the offense has sputtered at times. Having Marcus Hayes out for games 2 and 3 has forced other guys to carry the load. They have done well, but getting Hayes back at running back will give us that "take it to the house" potential any time he touches the ball. I believe that he will return this week vs. Brighton.   

6 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I agree that the offense has sputtered at times. Having Marcus Hayes out for games 2 and 3 has forced other guys to carry the load. They have done well, but getting Hayes back at running back will give us that "take it to the house" potential any time he touches the ball. I believe that he will return this week vs. Brighton.   

Oh I agree 100% having marcus back will make a big difference nothing against any of the other kids they have done good too. Fayne and dowell have stepped in and  looked really good, and flowers is a good full back, and the qb ruffin has done pretty good for these being his first few starts. I believe they will get better with every week and when they are clicking on all cylinders it will be scary for the rest of the region.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

If Covington and Milan win the next two region games how will they go by picking the 1 spot? South Gibson, Covington ad Milan will have the same region record. 

Hard to say at this point. The only thing that is guaranteed at this point is that Bolivar is not going to the playoffs. Westview can win out and get in. McScary can win out and get in. South Gibson can win out and win the region crown. Covington can win out and share the region with 2 other possible teams. Milan can win out and share the region crown. So much football left to be played. Milan threw another monkey wrench in the gear box by beating Covington. If Milan would have just played along to likes of Covington and SGC it would be down to SGC and Covington game to who was going get the region crown. 

SGC is the only team in the region that completely controls their own destiny now. If they beat Covington and, that is a big IF they will be region champs. 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Hard to say at this point. The only thing that is guaranteed at this point is that Bolivar is not going to the playoffs. Westview can win out and get in. McScary can win out and get in. South Gibson can win out and win the region crown. Covington can win out and share the region with 2 other possible teams. Milan can win out and share the region crown. So much football left to be played. Milan threw another monkey wrench in the gear box by beating Covington. If Milan would have just played along to likes of Covington and SGC it would be down to SGC and Covington game to who was going get the region crown. 

SGC is the only team in the region that completely controls their own destiny now. If they beat Covington and, that is a big IF they will be region champs. 

If Covington wins out, they will be region champs based on overall record even though region records could be the same....they have to establish a tie breaker for home field in the playoffs and that is overall record. This is based on possible 3 way tie....between 2 region teams with same region and overall record it’s obviously head to head.

Edited by 00Chargers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 00Chargers said:

If Covington wins out, they will be region champs based on overall record even though region records could be the same....they have to establish a tie breaker for home field in the playoffs and that is overall record. This is based on possible 3 way tie....between 2 region teams with same region and overall record it’s obviously head to head.

Yes it all comes down to Covington vs S Gibson. Covington wins and there is a 3 way tie. Overall record would decide the 3 way tie which would go to Covington. Then Milan and S Gibson would go to heads up making S Gibson the 2 and Milan the 3. S Gibson beats Covington and they are the 1 Milan is the 2 and Covington is the 3. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes it all comes down to Covington vs S Gibson. Covington wins and there is a 3 way tie. Overall record would decide the 3 way tie which would go to Covington. Then Milan and S Gibson would go to heads up making S Gibson the 2 and Milan the 3. S Gibson beats Covington and they are the 1 Milan is the 2 and Covington is the 3. 

Why didn't the dogs just help us all out and take a beating like they were supposed to by Covington?

Edited by ManOfMillions

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Cause you and I are such good friends. We want them to be completely focused on you guys. :)

shmh. 

I do kinda laugh that SGC was picked to finish 5th in the Murphy fair magazine..... 

I always try to temper my expectation and be real but, This team is even better than I thought they would be. I knew we would be in the playoffs but with just how good this region is we are now completely in control of our destiny and, this makes me happy. We have legit shot at winning it.

I think state wide this region is know for how good it is. IF and that is a BIG if SGC can find a way to beat the chargers next week it would be the first Region championship since 2012.