Gibson County @ Westview

GCPioneer

2 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

I’ve yet to see a GC person mention a thing about being state champs or anything near.   Did GC celebrate?  Absolutely.  And deserved to.  Did some go to far for one game? probably so.  And you also probably fail to realize they lost 2 linebackers to injury for the season against Peabody.  Which had a lot to do with that.  

Did that stop there offense  the rest of the season ?   They have been making comments on here for the last year so yeah it has been going on on various threads 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tide21 said:

Did that stop there offense  the rest of the season ?   They have been making comments on here for the last year so yeah it has been going on on various threads 

Offense struggled all year long against good competition. That wasn’t anything new.   I seriously doubt a single person said anything near claiming a state championship.   

1 minute ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Offense struggled all year long against good competition. That wasn’t anything new.   I seriously doubt a single person said anything near claiming a state championship.   

They do have something to brag about I agree but they talking about beating them again and it’s not happening. 

6 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

I’ve yet to see a GC person mention a thing about being state champs or anything near.   Did GC celebrate?  Absolutely.  And deserved to.  Did some go to far for one game? probably so.  And you also probably fail to realize they lost 2 linebackers to injury for the season against Peabody.  Which had a lot to do with that.  

This is 2019 and people still bring it up. You fail to realize that we lost our QB at the start of the year and used a WR in his place. No excuses. We just played. So why bring up that you lost LB. we beat GC with a back up QB. So what. 

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

They do have something to brag about I agree but they talking about beating them again and it’s not happening. 

I would agree.  Peabody beats them 9 times out of 10 last year.  But not that night.  And the kids deserved every ounce of it.   And your right Peabody will be our for revenge this year and I don’t see this GC team being able to do much to stop them.  That’s why they play the gme though.  Nobody thought Appalachian st would ever have a chance against Michigan either.  Still a lot of football to play until that game.   Let’s hooe it means something for both teams when they meet up! 

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

This is 2019 and people still bring it up. You fail to realize that we lost our QB at the start of the year and used a WR in his place. No excuses. We just played. So why bring up that you lost LB. we beat GC with a back up QB. So what. 

Because you asked why we were giving up more points.  Wasn’t making a excuse. Was giving a reason.  It’s next man up. Gotta have depth. We didn’t have it at that position and it showed 

Just now, westtnsportsfan said:

Because you asked why we were giving up more points.  Wasn’t making a excuse. Was giving a reason.  It’s next man up. Gotta have depth. We didn’t have it at that position and it showed 

No I didnt Ask. Someone was hanging their hat again on last year holding Peabody to 10. I simply Stated who cares. They had 30 plus the next 2 weeks. I dont Really care who was hurt or not. The real problem the night with us was GC defensive scheme. We didn’t do anything special. About 5 different plays run that night. 

I listened to the replay of McConnell on the coaches corner a little bit ago... sounded like the only mistakes they really made the other night were several holding penalties.

I'm looking forward to this game... a lot of unknown for both teams coming into this one. Can we move the ball on offense? Can we contain the RPO? Can we create some turnovers...