Greenback at Meigs County

orngnblk

There were a couple missed calls on both sides tonight.  But all in all it was a very entertaining game.  In the end I believe the best team won.  Greenback seemed to wear down a bit, especially in the trenches. 

Hats off to Swafford on a very good game.  The kid is a hoss.  Best player on the field to me moreso because I think their coach realizes this is his team and that's who leads the way.

Greenback on the other hand missed several opportunities to get Willis the ball.  Some drives his number was rarely called.  I thought Greenback should have tried to establish some semblance of a running game even with their QB because a few times more than not he should have tucked the ball and ran.  

All in all a well played game.  Very much worth the drive and price of admission.  

I wanna thank the fine folks of Decatur for hosting a great game and putting up with some of us scallywags.  

• Like 2

Guest Vandyfan2

GB has some great players! Shoulda coulda woulda!

They had plenty of chances but didn’t make the plays. Very good ball team tho my hat is off y’all played your butts off. 23 is a heck of a ball player. I thought GB was a hard nose running team but I was wrong. They can throw the dang ball. #20 dropped a could but that’s part of the game.

Meigs is a good team also. Swafford will carry y’all very far but just remember I said Peabody has 5 or 6 Swaffords! 

Both teams put on a show and I won’t forget it. Thanks

1 minute ago, Vandyfan2 said:

They had plenty of chances but didn’t make the plays. Very good ball team tho my hat is off y’all played your butts off. 23 is a heck of a ball player. I thought GB was a hard nose running team but I was wrong. They can throw the dang ball. #20 dropped a could but that’s part of the game.

Meigs is a good team also. Swafford will carry y’all very far but just remember I said Peabody has 5 or 6 Swaffords! 

Safe travels back out west. Hope you enjoyed yourself. 

9 minutes ago, Vandyfan2 said:

VandyFan2,  what did you do with VandyFan1? 

Guest Vandyfan2
Just now, Southtowner said:

VandyFan2,  what did you do with VandyFan1? 

I got banned! From the time I drove from waverly to Meigs! I was eating at Applebee’s before the game fixn to stir the pot for the game and it said I was banned. That Horse dude from Huntingdon reported me. I don’t understand tho.