UC Welcomes Memphis MLK to town

Bigsw02

Alright it's week 2 and MLK is coming to town. I don't know anything about this team other than they are from Memphis. My Tornadoes are in need of a good win. I felt like we moved the ball well last week against a strong LC defense grinding out over 380 yards on the ground but stalled out in the red zone on too many drives. We must get that corrected and we have to shore up the defense on the corners. If we can make those improvements I believe we can win this game convincingly.

What say you?

4 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

Okay. Thanks. Im hoping for a good game but my guys need a win so I ain't complaining.

Swo, UC will name the score in this game. I know last weeks game was disappointing but UC did have some positives on offense. UC moved the ball well between the 20's. UC just needs to clean a few things up on offense and that side of the ball will be fine. UC does need to find some type of passing game. The UC defense needs alot of work. LC got outside whenever than choose to. I know UC has alot of pride and will bounce back and have a solid season.

9 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Swo, UC will name the score in this game. I know last weeks game was disappointing but UC did have some positives on offense. UC moved the ball well between the 20's. UC just needs to clean a few things up on offense and that side of the ball will be fine. UC does need to find some type of passing game. The UC defense needs alot of work. LC got outside whenever than choose to. I know UC has alot of pride and will bounce back and have a solid season.

They don’t pass never have.  From what I’ve been told they don’t practice defense much.  That may or may not be true.  I do know if their offense clicks it’s their defense. They try to limit the offensive possessions of whoever they are playing. 

20 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

They don’t pass never have.  From what I’ve been told they don’t practice defense much.  That may or may not be true.  I do know if their offense clicks it’s their defense. They try to limit the offensive possessions of whoever they are playing. 

Oh yes! We practice defense. Every week there is a day dedicated to defense , a day dedicated to offense and then the coaches decide which one needs more work. On Wednesday they work on specific things they need to sharpen up. Of course Thursday is Special Teams. Yes, we do work on defense.