Karns @ Halls

knoxcosports

10 minutes ago, knoxcosports said:

Both teams look to have injured QB's. Not sure if either is going to play.  Anyone have thoughts about what happens in this game?

Give me Cummings and the Veer! The real question here is can Cummings and company keep the other side of Emory from poaching?

Red Devils by a few!

2 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Give me Cummings and the Veer! The real question here is can Cummings and company keep the other side of Emory from poaching?

Red Devils by a few!

Really glad to see hard nosed football back in halls.  Would be great to see them be able to compete with the other side of Emory again eventually.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

I'll take Halls by 2 TDs in a high-scoring affair. Walker Valley was a terrible football team last year, and last week's win over Karns was just their 2nd win in the past 3 seasons.

Take Catholic out of Region 4 a year early and Walker Valley goes to the playoffs at 0-10. SMH.

Yikes didn't realize that.  Just noticed that Karns has a couple really good athletes.  Halls had a nice win over Gibbs with a backup QB so they may have the advantage in this one.

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I'll take Halls by 2 TDs in a high-scoring affair. Walker Valley was a terrible football team last year, and last week's win over Karns was just their 2nd win in the past 3 seasons.

Take Catholic out of Region 4 a year early and Walker Valley goes to the playoffs at 0-10. SMH.

Walker Valley is much, much better this year. They have a new head coach, four new asst coaches. Also, last year 19 of the starters were freshman and sophomores. Plus, a lot of athletes from other sports are now playing too. They have really good offense this year as well. This year’s team would beat last year’s team by 40+. It’s a different culture there now. I believe 5-6 wins is the floor for this team. Especially,  if they get a couple injured defensive players and their starting running back from last year back sooner rather than later. 

Not surprised that Scott Cummings has already made a difference in that program.  He's a darned good football coach.  He'll win the games they are supposed to win and find a way to steal a couple more.  

Big question to me is how long can Halls keep him there?