Happy Valley @ Unicoi County

After a thrilling game against Hampton at home, the Warriors finally hit the road to take on Unicoi County. While not the rival that Hampton is this is a rival game too and one that Coach Jarrett has had good success in. It means a lot to the players and fans to play well against these guys. Hopefully the defense continues to play as well as they have. If they do I like our chances.

Just now, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

After a thrilling game against Hampton at home, the Warriors finally hit the road to take on Unicoi County. While not the rival that Hampton is this is a rival game too and one that Coach Jarrett has had good success in. It means a lot to the players and fans to play well against these guys. Hopefully the defense continues to play as well as they have. If they do I like our chances.

Not a good match up for Unicoi. The bread and butter will have a long night.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Not a good match up for Unicoi. The bread and butter will have a long night.

Kind of what im thinking too Pujo. I will say this after watching last nights game against Hampton. I have no doubt that all 3 of us ( HV, Hampton, and SG) are better than last year and I believe those 3 will represent R1 2A very well come playoff time.

Just now, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Kind of what im thinking too Pujo. I will say this after watching last nights game against Hampton. I have no doubt that all 3 of us ( HV, Hampton, and SG) are better than last year and I believe those 3 will represent R1 2A very well come playoff time.

We agree again. Meigs is the problem,region 1 will have a chance against the other 3. Don't mean they'll win  but they will not be playing above there heads.

6 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I'm curious how things will fair this playoff I dont think Rockwood is great, Cumberland Gap is down from last year and Wartburg may be slightly better than previous years. Oneida on the other hand I believe is much improved. This weeks gme for them at Greenback will tell alot. Meigs we are good but as good as last year I'm not sure yet. I think we will be come playoff time without sustaining injuries or what not. I'd say this year will be more exciting come playoff time than in years past.

Just now, Imthayeti said:

I'm curious how things will fair this playoff I dont think Rockwood is great, Cumberland Gap is down from last year and Wartburg may be slightly better than previous years. Oneida on the other hand I believe is much improved. This weeks gme for them at Greenback will tell alot. Meigs we are good but as good as last year I'm not sure yet. I think we will be come playoff time without sustaining injuries or what not. I'd say this year will be more exciting come playoff time than in years past.

You guys WILL be playing in the 4th round    unless misfortune come's you're way. Lose a key player or 2 and its anybody,s ballgame.

6 minutes ago, pujo said:

You guys WILL be playing in the 4th round    unless misfortune come's you're way. Lose a key player or 2 and its anybody,s ballgame.

Have you seen us this year? Last years team had alot more experience from the get go. Not saying we are bad by any means. I still think come playoffs we will be some better than last year. Our run defense so far is better than last year. Pass defense about the same which isnt bad . Offense has great weapons in all skill positions. Once we stop with the silly penalties we been getting and the O-line gets more snaps we will be a force come playoffs. But it looks like a few of the region 1 teams are honestly quite improved. If I had to pick a 1&2 seed from that region it would be South Greene 1 and HV 2nd. SG was good enough to put out Oneida last year which surprised me. So still alot of time before then, but all teams are gonna grow. Which one grows the most is still to be seen.

Edited by Imthayeti

10 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Have you seen us this year? Last years team had alot more experience from the get go. Not saying we are bad by any means. I still think come playoffs we will be some better than last year. Our run defense so far is better than last year. Pass defense about the same which isnt bad . Offense has great weapons in all skill positions. Once we stop with the silly penalties we been getting and the O-line gets more snaps we will be a force come playoffs. But it looks like a few of the region 1 teams are honestly quite improved. If I had to pick a 1&2 seed from that region it would be South Greene 1 and HV 2nd. SG was good enough to put out Oneida last year which surprised me. So still alot of time before then, but all teams are gonna grow. Which one grows the most is still to be seen.

Hampton is better than HV, Trust me. Think HV had all of 5 1st downs last night. Scores can be VERY misleading. I've seen highlights of you're team, You are the Clear favorite to be in the 4th round, then is when it gets TOUGH.

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

Hampton is better than HV, Trust me. Think HV had all of 5 1st downs last night. Scores can be VERY misleading. I've seen highlights of you're team, You are the Clear favorite to be in the 4th round, then is when it gets TOUGH.

Alot of variables this year for everyone I guess. Wont hijack this thread more with talk of my team. Hampton is your team Pujo?

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Now Pujo that was anybody's game. And I keep hearing that our last TD was aided by a personal foul ( which is true ) but nobody is mentioning that Hamptons only score was aided by a the same call. 

20 minutes ago, pujo said:

I thought Happy Valley was the better team the 1st half. Hampton looked better the 2nd but Happy Valley QB basically quit on his team and didn’t play the 2nd half. That had to be a shock to HV for the 2nd half. If it wasn’t for the hail marry pass that Hampton caught on the last play the total yards were about the same.

Edited by Appvol

Just now, Appvol said:

I thought Happy Valley was the better team the 1st half. Hampton looked better the 2nd but Happy Valley QB basically quit on his team and didn’t play the 2nd half. That had to be a shock to HV for the 2nd half. If it wasn’t for the hail marry pass that Hampton caught on the last play the total yards were about the same.

Well you just didn't watch the game, my guess is about 20,1st downs to 5.  You'll have a better understanding after next Friday. Wanta bet