Happy Valley @ Unicoi County

Just now, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

It's a telling stat if you're a ball control offense. Which Hampton is but HV is not. 

Its all part of the game but if Hampton didn't jump of sides of the 4th and 2 before you got the ball back the last time, douubt you would you have ever got the ball back.  Alot of little things was the difference.

8 minutes ago, pujo said:

Agree but its a very telling stat. I've watched this game for quite a spell.

It tells me when a ball control offense (like oneida is so I've watched a while myself) has 20 1st downs and 8 points you're moving between the 20s and not punching it in. I've saw us out 1st down a lot of teams better than us over the years. 

Just now, crow said:

It tells me when a ball control offense (like oneida is so I've watched a while myself) has 20 1st downs and 8 points you're moving between the 20s and not punching it in. I've saw us out 1st down a lot of teams better than us over the years. 

And when the other team has 5 1st downs ,you win 90 percent of those, what you think

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

And when the other team has 5 1st downs ,you win 90 percent of those, what you think

No not really. It's all about points obviously. Sounds like both sides struggled on offense to be honest. Possibly just 2 tough defenses, I didn't see it so hard to say. But if you're getting 2 or 3 first downs per drive but ending with no points then they 3 and out and you repeat at the end of the thing neither produced points. Heard there were a lot of penalties, maybe that could've been a factor killing or sustaining drives. 

Got a bunch of people telling me I'm wrong. Bet a million dollars people will see what I'm talking about before the season is over, Its a long season and the real story always comes out.Hampton is not an elite 2a team but neither is anyone in this region. You have 4 or 5 head and shoulders better than the rest, Meigs is the only team in region 1 or 2 in that class.

Just now, crow said:

No not really. It's all about points obviously. Sounds like both sides struggled on offense to be honest. Possibly just 2 tough defenses, I didn't see it so hard to say. But if you're getting 2 or 3 first downs per drive but ending with no points then they 3 and out and you repeat at the end of the thing neither produced points. Heard there were a lot of penalties, maybe that could've been a factor killing or sustaining drives. 

Penalties was a big part and fumbled one after picking up a 1st down. Trust me ,I saw the game. 

Just now, crow said:

Some times things just happen, saw Whitwell win the state and they were NOT better than the last 3 teams they played. Should have lost all 3.

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

Some times things just happen, saw Whitwell win the state and they were NOT better than the last 3 teams they played. Should have lost all 3.

True, team of destiny is a real thing sometimes. Hope my Indians are one friday!

Edited by crow

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Hampton is better than HV, Trust me. Think HV had all of 5 1st downs last night. Scores can be VERY misleading. I've seen highlights of you're team, You are the Clear favorite to be in the 4th round, then is when it gets TOUGH.

Hampton might finish 4th in region one, that's how close those 4 teams are right now.  you can be the better team but the score is what matters.

Just now, RLS26 said:

Hampton might finish 4th in region one, that's how close those 4 teams are right now.  you can be the better team but the score is what matters.

Thats a very fair assessment. If anyone is head and shoulders better than the rest ,it has to be SG ,But I'm not sold on that as of yet. Another 2 or 3 weeks and it will clear up.