Farragut ( 1 - 1 ) at Oak Ridge ( 1 - 2 )

WillieTheWildcats

8 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

You’re giving the defense great? Wow that’s a reach imo. They did play good. But as one said... qb helped us a lot bad throws and drops by his players.  I agree with the Farragut guy offensive coordinators jacked this game. It’s really easy to beat oak ridge( saying this as a scout and coach that knows all the players). Good win again here comes west the best in 5A locally yes better than Powell I SAID IT

I'm giving the defense "GREAT" because they shut them out for the last 2 1/2 quarters and they held them to the same points that West did, and I think you'll agree that the West defense is great. I think the OR staff outcoached the Farragut staff although your dislike and disrespect for the OR coaches won't allow you to say it., so I'm sure you disagree. I still think this is the slowest, least athletic, and poorest tackling OR team I've ever seen (I added poor tackling and that's because the OR tacklers are very unathletic)

Edited by bonkers

7 hours ago, ORDT said:

A reach? Don’t be ‘that guy’. The held them to a zero in the second half. 

ZERO 2nD HALF.....ie....GREAT. 

Get with the program. 

Dude I don’t need to get with anything I have a great relationship with them probably over anyone here! I’m 100 % honest! I played for that program so miss me with the bs! Again Farragut qb and receivers helped oak ridge defense! 16,38,22, and jack got beat all night! Jack and Preston made up for some plays, but don’t act like guys wasn’t open or they didn’t dropped balls...what game was you watching!!!!!

1 minute ago, bonkers said:

I'm giving the defense "GREAT" because they shut them out for the last 2 1/2 quarters and they held them to the same points that West did, and I think you'll agree that the West defense is great. I think the OR staff outcoached the Farragut staff although your dislike and disrespect for the OR coaches won't allow you to say it., so I'm sure you disagree. I still think is the slowest, least athletic, and poorest tackling OR team I've ever seen. 

I can respect that and yes you’re right I do agree west defense is great lol! Always have been and you know that. Tbh I’m liking what oak ridge is doing lately besides single side 3 yard routes and not using the athletes all the way 100% like should. They’re moving in right direction and I’m giving them some credit lol. I will agree they did out coach them that’s 100% why oak ridge won. Funny you’re reading me but you’re right for the most part lol. 

6 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Dude I don’t need to get with anything I have a great relationship with them probably over anyone here! I’m 100 % honest! I played for that program so miss me with the bs! Again Farragut qb and receivers helped oak ridge defense! 16,38,22, and jack got beat all night! Jack and Preston made up for some plays, but don’t act like guys wasn’t open or they didn’t dropped balls...what game was you watching!!!!!

That's part of the game (drops, guys getting open, etc).  I saw J. Stewart wide open in the first half and Gibbons threw it to someone else and that cost OR a TD, but that's part of the game. 

5 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

I can respect that and yes you’re right I do agree west defense is great lol! Always have been and you know that. Tbh I’m liking what oak ridge is doing lately besides single side 3 yard routes and not using the athletes all the way 100% like should. They’re moving in right direction and I’m giving them some credit lol. I will agree they did out coach them that’s 100% why oak ridge won. Funny you’re reading me but you’re right for the most part lol. 

And just from what I saw in the Jamboree, I'd say you're right about West being better than Powell. They're better than South Doyle too, even before their QB got hurt. BUT, if OR continues to improve, I think they may give West a better game than you think, even though West will have much better athletes and football players across the board.

15 minutes ago, bonkers said:

And just from what I saw in the Jamboree, I'd say you're right about West being better than Powell. They're better than South Doyle too, even before their QB got hurt. BUT, if OR continues to improve, I think they may give West a better game than you think, even though West will have much better athletes and football players across the board.

I’m not counting oak ridge out against west. We will have to see the adjustments and how it goes. You’re right they did miss Stewart for a touchdown and at half I asked him did he tell the coaches/gibbons so could come back to it.. these are all adjustments you have to do! Romano played great made some tough catches. I think he needs to run the ball more only 2 carries 

18 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

I’m not counting oak ridge out against west. We will have to see the adjustments and how it goes. You’re right they did miss Stewart for a touchdown and at half I asked him did he tell the coaches/gibbons so could come back to it.. these are all adjustments you have to do! Romano played great made some tough catches. I think he needs to run the ball more only 2 carries 

I love Romano but I have to give the coaches credit for getting them both (Romano/Jackson) on the field at the same time and utilizing their talents. I'm not sure if Jackson's hands are as good as Romano's. I like Romano running it but I love him catching it. Also, how do you take Jackson out for long as hard as he's running the ball?

4 hours ago, bonkers said:

Hey Elite, since you seem to know high school football pretty well, how do you explain the Fulton - AE game? Also, is Central not as good as I thought? I don't think HVA is very good and Central didn't beat them by much (OR stunk the night they played HVA)

Did you not have Austin east beating fulton? I did.. didn’t have a score range but I had them winning. Central/harden valley I have 0 idea how coach rosser only scored 13 points. I don’t agree of central being all that this year they just find ways to win. They got killed against Maryville in a scrimmage couldn’t move ball or anything. To answer you I don’t think central is as good as said. Harden valley isn’t good to me at all. 

This year...that looks like the way we will win, finding a way. Central does have a good fast defense. It will need it to give the offense a chance. Offense just isn't clicking right now. Still say that by playoff time, it will be clicking. But for now, there are 3-4 Knoxville area 5-A teams that will give Central problems.