Farragut ( 1 - 1 ) at Oak Ridge ( 1 - 2 )

WillieTheWildcats

50 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I think your underestimating HVAs Defense and Mike Potter as a Defensive mind. He had a great game plan for us and it also didn’t help that we dropped 2 tds in the end zone and had another TD called back. In terms of the Maryville scrimmage, that’s over and done with. Yes we didn’t do well but we’ve learned from it and moved on. Our team is still young for the most part and will continue to grow week by week. We’ll be ready for whoever come playoff time. 

I think their defense is good but I also heard their best defensive player didn't even play.

53 minutes ago, ORDT said:

Like I said, no composure or class. Had F not been flagged all night long for late hits and personal fouls the Ref probably would have given some leniency. 

F had what 7 or 8 of those 15 yarders? 

I’m not arguing, I just wanted to make sure it was clear that it wasn’t our head coach because I feel like Eddie Courtney is way too classy and respectful of a person to have anyone think that penalty was him.  As far as flags, my husband is one of Farraguts coaches so he obviously watched film all weekend and says that most of those calls against us were legitimate penalties that were rightfully called. . . I think oak ridge played really well and absolutely deserved that win. I was impressed with Romano and Jackson and with how well their  team came together to play. OR/Farragut is always a huge rivalry game and emotions tend to run high. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

I’m not arguing, I just wanted to make sure it was clear that it wasn’t our head coach because I feel like Eddie Courtney is way too classy and respectful of a person to have anyone think that penalty was him.  As far as flags, my husband is one of Farraguts coaches so he obviously watched film all weekend and says that most of those calls against us were legitimate penalties that were rightfully called. . . I think oak ridge played really well and absolutely deserved that win. I was impressed with Romano and Jackson and with how well their  team came together to play. OR/Farragut is always a huge rivalry game and emotions tend to run high. 

A classy head coach can still get a penalty called on him, but I've heard nothing but good things about your head coach, so I would've been surprised if the penalty had been on him. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

Classy post and well said. How is the LB doing that got hurt? We were all worried about him. Broke leg, right? As unfortunate as that is, it’s better than a serious knee injury. Is he a SR? Best wishes, mom.

11 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Classy post and well said. How is the LB doing that got hurt? We were all worried about him. Broke leg, right? As unfortunate as that is, it’s better than a serious knee injury. Is he a SR? Best wishes, mom.

Thanks for asking! He has a broken leg and may or may not need surgery later, they aren’t sure. He is only a junior so hopefully he will have another season. Thanks again for asking about him! 

2 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

Thanks for asking! He has a broken leg and may or may not need surgery later, they aren’t sure. He is only a junior so hopefully he will have another season. Thanks again for asking about him! 

You’re most welcome. You always hate to see a young man who has worked his butt off get a serious injury like that. I’m glad to hear that he’s only a JR. I’m hoping he can make a full recovery and come back strong and ready to suit up next season. Thank you for the information! 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

You’re most welcome. You always hate to see a young man who has worked his butt off get a serious injury like that. I’m glad to hear that he’s only a JR. I’m hoping he can make a full recovery and come back strong and ready to suit up next season. Thank you for the information! 

Hey Sweets...how about beating Farragut!!!!!!!  Everyone had given up on us and everyone picked us to lose!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, catswild said:

Hey Sweets...how about beating Farragut!!!!!!!  Everyone had given up on us and everyone picked us to lose!!!!!!!

I have to admit, I was expecting us to lose, but very glad our guys proved my non believing a$& wrong. I thought that TD right before the half was HUGE. It was kind of a blow to their confidence going into the second half I think. After pretty much dominating the 1st half and they looked up and they were only up 14-7- I’m sure that was a pretty big blow to their confidence and a huge boost to ours and it showed in the 2nd half. Really proud of the fight and resolve our boys showed.

Edited by SweetScience

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I have to admit, I was expecting us to lose, but very glad our guys proved my non believing a$& wrong. I thought that TD right before the half was HUGE. It was kind of a blow to their confidence going into the second half I think. After pretty much dominating the 1st half and they looked up and they were only up 14-7- I’m sure that was a pretty big blow to their confidence and a huge boost to ours and it showed in the 2nd half. Really proud of the fight and resolve our boys showed.

I agree. I was out of town but listening and the TD with two seconds left in the half was huge!

• Like 1

Congratulations to Oak Ridge. Coach Gaddis and his team were ready to play... that was the difference. Good luck against West.

I wonder if any of the Farragut followers can shed some light on a couple of things for me. Against Bradley Central, and during the Greeneville scrimmage, the starting defensive front was comprised of #61 / #75 / #44. From everything I have observed, that combination has been BY FAR the best. Since the Bradley Central game - the only win this season - that combination hasn’t been on the field together. Why? Are there injuries? #44 and #75 hardly saw the field against
Oak Ridge. Furthermore, if #75 is just going to stand on the sidelines, why can’t he help out on the offensive line? He is one of the biggest and most physical players on the team! What am I missing?

There is no question Farragut has depth issues at certain positions - a product of attrition via relocation/transfer, private schools, etc. However, you have to play with what you have and sometimes that requires playing more capable players both ways. The 2,400 student days are over- and even at that time impact players were lost every year to the privates.

Farragut needs depth and help at RB. Hensley runs hard and has been outstanding in short yardage situations. In my observation, he is next best ball carrier to White and he needs to be in the rotation. He scored TDs in the scrimmages (literally blowing a guy up on the goal line in one) and against Bradley, yet last Friday night on a critical red zone 4th down opportunity the ball went to #9. I mean no disrespect to the kid - I know he has dealt with injuries - but #9 does not have the vision or burst to play RB and I don’t believe it is in the team’s best interest to utilize him there. Perhaps he would be a greater asset to the team at ILB.

In my opinion, A. Johnson is out of position... he is a guard. He is the most aggressive and physical OL Farragut has. Time and a again I watched an undersized West NT penetrate the A-gap - even defeating the double team. Farragut is weak in the interior OL and opposing coaches have recognized it on film. I would consider moving #55 back to OT to facilitate the move. I would at least move #75 to OG if he is just going to watch the defense from the sidelines, particularly if keeping Johnson at OT is a necessity.

6 hours ago, bonkers said:

I wouldn't think high school coaches can afford to be concerned about where a player might play in college. Besides, How many times do you here on TV that this DB played QB in high school, or this LB played running back in high school?  I would think college coaches sign talented athletes and move many of them around where ever they happen to suit their needs. 

You've totally flip flopped on West! Just last week you said they were the best team around and now you say they're not. What's up with that?

To be honest I think you should focus on that. Not be selfish, but if it’s you dream I can understand it.. that’s like saying tee play corner only cause we’re running a wing t. He has the right to be upset on impact of being screwed on his primary position. You are right about the college thing but still. You’re also right I was high on west still am just after watching film on diamond clear I’m not afraid of their offense. They have speed and good defense of course, but our offense is coming a long! I also didn’t know gibbons was only a junior! I believe if we learn to throw down the field NOT curl routes only! He can be accurate and can complete to athletes! D will be only worries to passing teams imo that’s it

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

To be honest I think you should focus on that. Not be selfish, but if it’s you dream I can understand it.. that’s like saying tee play corner only cause we’re running a wing t. He has the right to be upset on impact of being screwed on his primary position. You are right about the college thing but still. You’re also right I was high on west still am just after watching film on diamond clear I’m not afraid of their offense. They have speed and good defense of course, but our offense is coming a long! I also didn’t know gibbons was only a junior! I believe if we learn to throw down the field NOT curl routes only! He can be accurate and can complete to athletes! D will be only worries to passing teams imo that’s it

Elite, I'm going to watch little Heyward Thursday night in the city championship. You have talked him up so much that I'm expecting nothing less than greatness, son! Looking forward to seeing this future Cat in person.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1