Meigs vs Rockwood

Meeru

18 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree with almost everything you said. Carrol is very good but I don’t know about being a better passing than any QB we have faced in the last 4 years. But I hope you are right.

Carnes from Greenback is better passer most likely than our Sophomore qb, Baines last year was a better runner than Logan was as a Freshman backup last year. What I'm saying as far as all around QBs go, we have extraordinary talent. We are very fortunate in what we field and what we will field in QBs the next few years. Our coaches are capitalizing on the really good abilities of our athletes and using it well on the field. While all the while coaching up every other position to make us successful. Will Meadows brother is another athlete that is an 8th grader with great athleticism. Whatever position he plays he will accel at later on. He plays qb now, but also could be a outstanding back as well. It was unfortunate for the young man that he was hurt a week or so back. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

20 hours ago, bwx643 said:

No doubt, he is the best player on the field every Friday night, but saying he is a one man wrecking team is discounting the work of his teammates.  He plays behind a very physical, dominating offensive line.  The defense is also full of deserving young men that have held their opponents to VERY LITTLE through the first 5 games; you may not know their names, but you'll know you played them.  Swafford is their leader, and he leads a group of hungry tigers that will get after you.

Glad you hear somebody come out and say this. Discrediting Meigs as a one man show is just an excuse for getting beat.  I know we are not the same team without and don't win as many games without him but we are still good.

9 minutes ago, RunnerUp said:

Glad you hear somebody come out and say this. Discrediting Meigs as a one man show is just an excuse for getting beat.  I know we are not the same team without and don't win as many games without him but we are still good.

May as well copy and paste this. Wont be the last time it comes up. As this isnt near the first time it was said to begin with. I agree though 100%

23 hours ago, bwx643 said:

No doubt, he is the best player on the field every Friday night, but saying he is a one man wrecking team is discounting the work of his teammates.  He plays behind a very physical, dominating offensive line.  The defense is also full of deserving young men that have held their opponents to VERY LITTLE through the first 5 games; you may not know their names, but you'll know you played them.  Swafford is their leader, and he leads a group of hungry tigers that will get after you.

Not discounting the efforts of his team mates but Meigs is a slightly above average team with out him and was below average before he got there.  The 4 years he has been there Meigs is 40 - 4 halfway through his senior year.  The four previous seasons Meigs was 13 - 28 overall.  I believe I read somewhere in the past that he is a 4 year starter, someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Players like him don't come along often so enjoy him while you can, I know I enjoyed watching him play in person this year and the highlights that have been shown.  

22 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

Not discounting the efforts of his team mates but Meigs is a slightly above average team with out him and was below average before he got there.  The 4 years he has been there Meigs is 40 - 4 halfway through his senior year.  The four previous seasons Meigs was 13 - 28 overall.  I believe I read somewhere in the past that he is a 4 year starter, someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Players like him don't come along often so enjoy him while you can, I know I enjoyed watching him play in person this year and the highlights that have been shown.  

Your negating the fact we got a new coach and he was turning it around during his first few years. You will see next year and I dont mean that in a smart elic fashion. Our sophomore qb will have some praise sang about him when hes given his turn.

6 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Your negating the fact we got a new coach and he was turning it around during his first few years. You will see next year and I dont mean that in a smart elic fashion. Our sophomore qb will have some praise sang about him when hes given his turn.

That may be as it would look like they were improving somewhat in '14 & '15 and with a good coach and a marquee player like Swafford to win some games it can certainly change the culture of a team.

2015 .... 4 - 6

2014 .... 6 - 5

2013 .... 2 - 8

2012 .... 1 - 9

31 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

Also there is no doubt in my mind if Logan Carrol had been the qb we would easily given you a good game. We may not have won then again we may have and we may have had to play differently but your coach knew what was coming and couldn't stop it enough to win. Alot of that is gameplan and our coaches are good at it. They could easily have game planned with another QB with similar skills. Logans may not be as good as a scrambler as Aaron but he has alot of his other skills. Keep in mind hes a sophomore. Logan would have started as a freshman himself had we not had Aaron. Anyhow that's just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

That may be as it would look like they were improving somewhat in '14 & '15 and with a good coach and a marquee player like Swafford to win some games it can certainly change the culture of a team.

2015 .... 4 - 6

2014 .... 6 - 5

2013 .... 2 - 8

2012 .... 1 - 9

It can change games for sure. People like Aaron normally make 2-3 touchdown differences in a game at s guess. It just so happens we have a really good backup qb to back him up now as well. I appreciate the compliments btw for our program. It's been nice to be a part of it. My oldest stepson started to play in 14 as a sophomore and then he graduated in 16 had played 3 years. My youngest stepson had played 4 years graduating this past year. So trust me on what I say. I know  what I'm talking about. I've been a sideline dad, fan, and spectator all of Fitzgerald's years as a coach at Meigs and never met him until this year. I work in Vonore and by the time I get home practices are done. I've never seen them practice.

16 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

2015 .... 4 - 6

2014 .... 6 - 5

2013 .... 2 - 8

2012 .... 1 - 9

In 2015, Meigs played in possibly the toughest region in 2A or 1A. Marion Co. in 2015 was one of the best football teams I’ve ever seen play. Boyd, tyner, and Bledsoe were all really good that year as well. It was Fitzgerald’s second year at Meigs and had to play a quarterback who wasn’t good. 

Swafford is the best player in the area. No doubt. But saying our team is just “average” without him is crazy. And using the logic of “Meigs wasn’t good before Swafford based off their record, so I doubt they’re any good if he’s not on the team this year” isn’t too smart of a logic. 

Heck, Fitzgerald’s first year in 2014 was pretty good after they got a few games under their belt. 

1 minute ago, TigerGoat said:

In 2015, Meigs played in possibly the toughest region in 2A or 1A. Marion Co. in 2015 was one of the best football teams I’ve ever seen play. Boyd, tyner, and Bledsoe were all really good that year as well. It was Fitzgerald’s second year at Meigs and had to play a quarterback who wasn’t good. 

Swafford is the best player in the area. No doubt. But saying our team is just “average” without him is crazy. And using the logic of “Meigs wasn’t good before Swafford based off their record, so I doubt they’re any good if he’s not on the team this year” isn’t too smart of a logic. 

Heck, Fitzgerald’s first year in 2014 was pretty good after they got a few games under their belt. 

+1

3 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

I said "slightly above average".  Nothing wrong with being above average. I don't know how to copy a post from another thread but I can attach it.  Here is what some of your guys said when he went out of the quarter finals game against Rockwood in 2017.  I understand your sophomore back up wasn't there at the time but it sounds like 19 was a pretty important part of y'all winning.  If I'm not mistaken most thought y'all would win by a wide margin after beating Rockwood by 3 touchdowns during the regular season. 

Really wasn't trying to start an argument and was complimenting your player but boy did that go wrong. 

image.thumb.png.039a55edcbca148c9b270bdbee23f5dd.png

image.thumb.png.564913188b194478fcffc4d7a06abbb0.png

45 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Also there is no doubt in my mind if Logan Carrol had been the qb we would easily given you a good game. We may not have won then again we may have and we may have had to play differently but your coach knew what was coming and couldn't stop it enough to win. Alot of that is gameplan and our coaches are good at it. They could easily have game planned with another QB with similar skills. Logans may not be as good as a scrambler as Aaron but he has alot of his other skills. Keep in mind hes a sophomore. Logan would have started as a freshman himself had we not had Aaron. Anyhow that's just my opinion.

Who knows for sure what would have happened but I would have liked our chances a lot more.  Y'all act like I'm putting your team down but I'm not Meigs is still a good team without him but not as good.  He would make any team better.  I'll leave it at that.

6 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

I said "slightly above average".  Nothing wrong with being above average. I don't know how to copy a post from another thread but I can attach it.  Here is what some of your guys said when he went out of the quarter finals game against Rockwood in 2017.  I understand your sophomore back up wasn't there at the time but it sounds like 19 was a pretty important part of y'all winning.  If I'm not mistaken most thought y'all would win by a wide margin after beating Rockwood by 3 touchdowns during the regular season. 

Really wasn't trying to start an argument and was complimenting your player but boy did that go wrong. 

image.thumb.png.039a55edcbca148c9b270bdbee23f5dd.png

image.thumb.png.564913188b194478fcffc4d7a06abbb0.png

Who knows for sure what would have happened but I would have liked our chances a lot more.  Y'all act like I'm putting your team down but I'm not Meigs is still a good team without him but not as good.  He would make any team better.  I'll leave it at that.

We didnt have a backup then when he went down that I was aware of. Hard to replace a qb with a lineman.