Meigs vs Rockwood

Meeru

10 hours ago, Turu said:

Good win. Started out kinda slow but responded. Enjoyed good crowd from MC. Now on to the blue team.  Interested to see stats. Hope they’re in the paper. 

TynerRamFan said they are available through Chattanooga Free Press I think. I could never find them. Maybe if he sees this he might share a link.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 8:44 PM, Dadof2 said:

You will have to share that one 

https://youtu.be/du4TUgCnI6I

Watching this live I was so sure he was gonna run it out of bounds. I wonder what was going on in his head at the time. Whatever it may have been he siked is all out. Very nice return, he almost lost it when he bumped into a teammate.

Edited by Imthayeti

7 minutes ago, bwx643 said:

No doubt, he is the best player on the field every Friday night, but saying he is a one man wrecking team is discounting the work of his teammates.  He plays behind a very physical, dominating offensive line.  The defense is also full of deserving young men that have held their opponents to VERY LITTLE through the first 5 games; you may not know their names, but you'll know you played them.  Swafford is their leader, and he leads a group of hungry tigers that will get after you.

I fully agree with you, just hard to keep having the same conversation about if you can stop Swafford you stop Meigs over and over, year after year. :roll:  Truth is he is an elite player at this level of football, not utilizing such a talent would be silly. No one has stopped him, maybe just slowed him down and I mean just a little. Hes gonna get his touches and stats not only because he is a great athlete, but because also he is also surrounded by a team that helps him do so. Winning is the goal of a team. That's what weve been doing. Were doing something right obviously and I'm not a coach saying that I'm just a fan. We will also have a good year next year too I'm pretty sure. The backup qb is very talented, He is better than any qb we have faced the last 4 years in passing ability by far. The backup also has better than average running ability only running QB we have faced the last few years that has better running ability is Baines last year from Trousdale. Meigs will be good for years to come. Maybe next year we will hear if you stop Logan Carrol you stop Meigs...:lol:

6 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I fully agree with you, just hard to keep having the same conversation about if you can stop Swafford you stop Meigs over and over, year after year. :roll:  Truth is he is an elite player at this level of football, not utilizing such a talent would be silly. No one has stopped him, maybe just slowed him down and I mean just a little. Hes gonna get his touches and stats not only because he is a great athlete, but because also he is also surrounded by a team that helps him do so. Winning is the goal of a team. That's what weve been doing. Were doing something right obviously and I'm not a coach saying that I'm just a fan. We will also have a good year next year too I'm pretty sure. The backup qb is very talented, He is better than any qb we have faced the last 4 years in passing ability by far. The backup also has better than average running ability only running QB we have faced the last few years that has better running ability is Baines last year from Trousdale. Meigs will be good for years to come. Maybe next year we will hear if you stop Logan Carrol you stop Meigs...:lol:

I agree with almost everything you said. Carrol is very good but I don’t know about being a better passing than any QB we have faced in the last 4 years. But I hope you are right.