Olive Branch at Germantown

kwc

Just now, reddyrebel6 said:

Oh, that's good to know. The players are entirely responsible for winning. You are right about having the Jimmys and Joes, I'll give you that. That being the case, I guess I need to change my pick to a Germantown win since they are loaded with all these move ins.

I mean...you cant seriously say it had nothing to do with it. Im not saying coaching didnt play a role in it. 

21 minutes ago, TrenchDawg said:

I mean...you cant seriously say it had nothing to do with it. Im not saying coaching didnt play a role in it. 

Look, we all know players play a major role in a winning program. But in high school, coaching makes a big difference. Putting people in the right spot, discipline, culture getting kids to buy in and understand... those last two years at Germantown, the kids and coaches were all on the same page after four years together and had not only won together but lost together and that is the winning ingredient. Not as easy to achieve as some think. The us against the world mentality was a big part in that program winning.

34 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Look, we all know players play a major role in a winning program. But in high school, coaching makes a big difference. Putting people in the right spot, discipline, culture getting kids to buy in and understand... those last two years at Germantown, the kids and coaches were all on the same page after four years together and had not only won together but lost together and that is the winning ingredient. Not as easy to achieve as some think. The us against the world mentality was a big part in that program winning.

I agree and dont doubt that at all. 

1 hour ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Funny that you say all of that but think that the new coach shouldn't be given the same consideration. 

The new guy has his game plan, his coaches, his culture, his philosophy just like the last guys did. He needs time as well. 

26 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

Funny that you say all of that but think that the new coach shouldn't be given the same consideration. 

The new guy has his game plan, his coaches, his culture, his philosophy just like the last guys did. He needs time as well. 

Whoop! There it is!

37 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

Exactly. No problem with that. But to get there, you shouldn't be on your official twitter account predicting undefeated season, talking about upgrading coaches and trashing the old staff. The old staff is even blamed for a difficult schedule, which was hard to avoid since no one would play them. 

Edited by reddyrebel6

54 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Exactly. No problem with that. But to get there, you shouldn't be on your official twitter account predicting undefeated season, talking about upgrading coaches and trashing the old staff. The old staff is even blamed for a difficult schedule, which was hard to avoid since no one would play them. 

Consider the source of who's running the Twitter account. 

14 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

Consider the source of who's running the Twitter account. 

I am sure it is frustrating to have dedicated a lot of hard work to help build a program and when you decide to move on, be under constant attack. There are many former and even current players who still have relationships with the old staff and appreciate the work they did (and still do) to help get those kids scholarships. In return, they are vilified for doing what they felt best for their families - not by the players but by adults close to the program who will not move on. 

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I am sure it is frustrating to have dedicated a lot of hard work to help build a program and when you decide to move on, be under constant attack. There are many former and even current players who still have relationships with the old staff and appreciate the work they did (and still do) to help get those kids scholarships. In return, they are vilified for doing what they felt best for their families - not by the players but by adults close to the program who will not move on. 

As a coach you have to know that. Whether you're coming or going there are gonna be people happy you left and people that are sad you left. When you arrive at the new destination there will be people happy you're there and people upset that you're there. 

The issue I have is when the previous coaches, and their families/supporters, of a program are rooting against and or talking bad about the new coach.